Chapter 11| Was it getting hot in here?

Blake is kissing me when I hear my name- full name- from behind me. I pull away from him and he makes a disappointed noise at the back of his throat and I bite my lips in order to not to laugh at him. He has been extra affectionate with me today. I place a hand on his chest and say,"Go get ready for the game, babe."

"Fine", he grumbles into my mouth and then pulls away with a last nibble on my lip. He leaves with a light touch to my ass and I laugh at him. I wave goodbye as his body figure descends toward the other side of the field. I turn to the blonde girl behind me and give her a large smile. "You came!", I yell at her in excitement and she laughs as I pull her in for a hug.

"You smell of a guy. Was that your boyfriend?", Maeve asks pulling away from me and I nod. I wasn't sure if that was our full title but if I was giving him one more chance, he would have to be my boyfriend. One last chance for Blake, because I loved him, yes, but I tired of chasing after him.

It's not worth keeping things that were hard to hold at the palm of your hand. It made the process difficult and I didn't need that.

"I wish Jacob were here", Maeve whispers and I sneak a look over her shoulder to find Jameson unsurprisingly rolling his eyes. When was he not at the mention of Jacob? I bite my bottom lip to surpass a laugh and take in the outfit he was wearing today. He had chosen a white tshirt with a light jacket over it, and his usual black slacks. I liked how put together he looked.

His eyes find mine, and he starts to do a once over at my outfit as well. I was wearing my uniform which consisted of a top ending right below my ribs, the hem of it a triangle, showcasing my stomach perfectly. The skirt starts right under my belly button and ends right at the base of my fingers. I cross my legs and his eyes go back up to my face. I tug at my ponytail and straighten the matching deep purple bow.

"Thanks for coming", I say to him to which he nods at right before looking away from me. Maeve looks from her brother and then to me before smiling. "We are going to go take a seat, right up here?"

"Yes, definitely", I say to her and Jameson grabs a hold of Maeve's arm and the both of them walk up the bleachers. They take a seat right in the front seats and I grow selfconsious in my outfit. I would be standing here the whole night and for some reason, my outfit looked shorter tonight. I tug at my skirt and adjust my top. My body is warm and I'd be an idiot to not know why it was.

I was growing bothered because of the way Jameson had looked at me. His once over was quick but he did it in a way that told me he memorized how I look. I guess as a future FBI agent it would come easy to him to memorize such a thing. I turn around and meet his eyes. He only smiles at me a tiny bit but I still smile widely and turn away from him.

I was only cheering; I didn't have to be aware of my surroundings all night. I shouldn't be aware of Jameson's eyes on me anyway, he wasn't even the person I was interested in. As soon as the game starts, my eyes zero in on what I hoped was my boyfriend as he ascends the field.

Blake finds my eye and then gives me a wink to which I giggle at. Putting my hand up, I give him a cheer. The game was going to be a good one.

[🔍]

The game wasn't a good one; our team had lost and Blake had disappeared from my line of sight as soon as it was over. He doesn't take losings very well. As I walk into the lockeroom to grab my stuff to leave, I find that there is someone missing from here. All of the girls were laughing and talking amongst each other and I was searching for the one laugh I didn't hear in here.

My best friend wasn't here anymore. She had disappeared around the time my boyfriend(I think) did and it didn't take a genius to take a guess on where they could be. Or the fact that they could be together. My boyfriend and my best friend were hanging together again.