Chapter 43 | I was completely obsessed with my boyfriend.

Wear something pretty for me tonight

Jameson sends me that text as I am putting oil in my hair to help it have less frizz. I squint at the text and send him a text back, a smile on my face.

Calm down, sweetheart

His text comes in only a few seconds later: I'm taking you out, wear a pretty dress. And what you wear under is none of my concerns unless...

I let out a loud laugh the sound of it echoing off the quiet of my room. I bite my bottom lip and send him a text back.

Say I were to wear nothing under?

I'd say I'd be eager, but wait. I'm taking you to sunrise on the beach after so can you bring a swimsuit?

I try not to laugh at the way we were flirting with each other on text. In real life Jameson and I weren't even close to that stage of our relationship. It has been a rocky month of constantly hearing something back from the trial. Jameson is not taking it well and as for me, I'm trying to keep the unbothered emotion going. Only sometimes it doesn't work.

Sometimes I let myself feel sorry for myself.

But tonight I won't feel sorry for myself. Tonight I will go out with Jameson— our first official date. I have been waiting to see how Jameson treats me on a date. We hadn't gone out anywhere, only my house. My dad had forbid me from going over to Jameson's apartment because he didn't want me to be alone with him. I told him that I'd go over there for his little sister once and he shook his head at me.

My dad was trying to act overprotective but he didn't know that I wasn't even fully ready to have Jameson touch me like that. I just merely wanted to feel the excited buzz of being completly alone with my boyfriend. That, alone, was very good. The energy between us then is so great, I can feel his eyes on me and that feeling hits me striaght in the core.

Nevermind, my dad has a point. I was completely obsessed with my boyfriend.

I loved watching him do random things around me. I loved when he would play with my hand while reading. I loved the mischievous look in his eyes right before he said something dirty to me. He liked doing that— saying things to make me blush. He couldn't revel in the fact that my cheeks don't redden due to my skin color but he loves it nonetheless. I try my hardest to not feel affected but Jameson knows me too well.

I loved falling asleep on the phone with him. I especially loved it when he set his phone up and read in bed, his hair messy and falling into his eyebrows. Sometimes he would read to me whatever book he was reading that night. I would listen to hin with a hand under my chin, my ears being blessed by the soft way he reads out loud. The words on his paper sometimes felt like it was written for me when he read out loud.

At the end of our little book session, he would close the book and turn over to me, asking me about it. But I'd completely forget what the book had said because he was simply looking at me. Was that weird? To forget everything for a split second just because he was looking at me? I find myself in that situation often and for some reason it makes me smile.

I knew that I didn't need to completly use my mind around Jameson because he would use his for the both of us. He had my complete trust.

I head over to my closet after liking his message in search for what dress I should wear. Apparently for him. Jameson was always lightly joking about me wearing something for him. I knew he was joking but today I go through my closet with him in my mind.