Chapter 4 | "Did you not see anything in the photo but my breasts?"

The next day I'm sitting at lunch when I find him walking in late for it again. There are only ten more minutes until the bell, I wonder where he was. His sister walks ahead of him as usual and I find that he keeps his eyes on her the whole time. I'm not sure if it's because Maeve is shy but that doesn't check out because she was very talkative with me yesterday.

His eyes don't find mine until after they have both taken a seat at the same table. When they do, so do Maeve's and she puts her hand up to wave at me and I return it.

"Ew, who are you waving to?", a voice says from beside and I find three pairs of eyes on me. Shit, I wasn't supposed to do that was I? The group stares at me like I'm an alien and I feel heat rise up on my cheeks. I avoid their eyes and look down at my hands. "Just someone I met yesterday."

"You met a new girl yesterday?", Tina asks and I look up at her. One of her eyebrow is raised up in question and I shrug. She makes a noise of disappointment from the back of her throat in a tsk and I want to leave this table. Leave a space where I was judged for simply waving at someone. "Who is it?", she asks the girls and they all turn around to find the girl I was waving at.

Even a few of the boys do as well and when I turn around I find that Maeve grows red her pale skin now fully gone. I didn't mean to emabrass her. A few of the guys whistle and I turn to them abruptly. "She is no more than fifteen, you dumb idiots."

"Still hot", Blake whispers and I slap his shoulder, harder than I usually do. That was disgusting, he was turning eighteen just next month. I had his birthday present ready already like the obsessed girl I was. I think about the memory from earlier today.

"Ivy", a voice says as soon as my dad drops me off at school. I turn around to find the voice that immedialty caused butterflies in my stomach. "Blake", I say and watch him watch my dad drive away. I think my dad wanted to say hi to him but Blake didn't even take his hands out of his pocket. That made me a little sad— for the last three years we have known each other he has yet to greet my dad.

"I saw the picture online", he start and I immediately want to throw up.

"As did the rest of the school", this was supposed to be my line. But it was he who said it. The first part of me who fell in love with is screaming at the jealousy in his voice. But the part that cried last night hates how possessive his voice sounds, as if he wasn't the one spending the night with another girl. I saw Stella head into Blake's car right after practice. I was saddened by it but I never thought about it much.

"Did you mean to send me that?", he asks and I squint at him.

"Did you not see anything in the photo but my breasts?", I say at him, not meaning to sound so snarky.

"You—"

"You are dumb", I say to him and add a laugh to sound as mean as I am being right now. I wasn't exactly proud of it but... "I was in front of a classroom with the teacher right behind me, did you think I just asked someone to take a picture of me to send to you?"

"Um—", he says and then stops abruptly. He doesn't say anything for a while before saying. "You looked nice."

Did I really? A part of me wants to asks so badly but the other part — the part who is tired of him going to other girls while I chase after him was tired. And she won at at the end. I place a hand on his chest and say,"I'm glad  you think so. You think my classmates enjoyed it?"