Chapter 22 | "There's somebody here I'd like for you to meet."

I wake up the next morning with an arm around my torso and a light breathing in my ear. I turn to my side to find Jameson's head on the pillow next to me, his head turned to look at me. His hand on my torso is heavy as I try to wiggle out of his grip. He looks so peaceful sleeping beside me, the fact that he was so hurt last night doesn't correlate with this morning's bliss.

His breath is on my face and I want to sit here and enjoy it. Only I can't. I want to get up and go to the bathroom. I sit up in my spot despite his hand on my torso and slide out of the sleeping bag. My tank top has slide up to my bra and my shorts were riding up. I pull the both of them down and open the door to the tent.

I get out and close the tent behind me. Standing up, I stretch and find that there were a few people hanging around the area. It was Sunday morning and we had to go back home today. We had gotten what we came for: we had gotten the location. Now we can go home and try to figure out the rest.

I walk over to my burnt down tent and open my toiletrie bag that was definetly burnt. I open it up to find that my tootshbrush had survived but my toothpaste had burned half way. Was I still going to use it? Maybe. I couldn't have bad breath in the presence of anyone— certaintly not in front of the guy I was definetly crushing on.

I find a few of my makeup items still intact and put those under my armpit. I go through my duffle bag to find another outfit and pull out a long pair of gray pants. Since it was so warm and we were just going home, I pick a  out a white tank top that swoops as little low to my chest. It would be fine, I think as I head over to the common bathroom areas.

I'm done getting ready in under twenty minutes and walk back to find Jameson packing up his tent. I don't see it from far away, but when I get closer to him, I find him biting down on his bottom lip. I know why; he was trying to conceal any noises he would be making out of his will. His back moved a little too much as he was doing the task, but after a while he is done.

I pick up the stuff I want to take home with me (just my duffle bag and the items in my hand) and turn to Jameson. "I'll carry your tent for you", I say to him but he either doesn't hear me or doesn't want for me to do it. He puts it under his arms and moves down to grab his sleeping bag. Can I suddenly hear his soft whimpers because I saw what I did yesterday? Because I can hear the soft moan he lets out when he does something. I move toward him and grab his pillow for him.

I also grab his overnight bag which he takes from me. "I'll get it", I whisper to him.

"I'm not feeble", he snaps at me and I'm taken aback by his words and the venom in his voice. I step back and let him take the bag from me. He does so and as I watch him walk to his car, I find that his posture is perfectly straight. Jameson was a man who kept his secrets hidden because there was no way one could assume his back was a artwork of someone's anger.

I follow after him and watch as he places the stuff in his trunk. He takes the stuff from my hand without saying a word and I frown at the fact that he had yet to look at me. "Jameson", I whispser but he closes the trunk and moves away to the front of the car.

I walk over to the passenger side seat and pull the seatbelt over me. Jameson joins me but doesn't say anything to me. "I wasn't saying that you were weak", I confess to him when the silence gets overbearing for me to handle. He only turns to me and I say,"I was just trying to make sure you weren't hurting your back mo—"

A hand is placed on my mouth and I look ahead at Jameson who was looking toward the backseat. Ally and Jessica had come in and Jessica was looking at the hand on my mouth wierdly. Jameson slips it off and I watch Jessica's eyes move to Jameson's now. There was something between them that I didn't know about.