Chapter 40 | "I want you to want me"

"Well that was something", Jameson says to me on our way back to my house. I was driving Jameson's car and he was sitting in the passenger side seat with a hand on my upper thigh. The feeling there was kind of too much but I liked it. I did almost have a mini heart attack when he squeezed my thigh every so often. Jameson was a physical touch kind of guy and this was his normal.

Jameson and I hadn't gotten a chance to be alone since last week when we got caught— afterwards— of having done things that consisted of taking our shirts off. Since then we have gotten too scared of doing anything other than kissing on my couch even with my dad being out of the house. Jameson was paranoid even if my hand only slipped under his shirt where I got to feel him. Was this an obsession? Yes, but it was perfectly healthy.

Since he was paranoid, we never got to do much and that thought was kind of sad. Jameson and I were both wanting to take things slow though so this was good. This way we can stay grounded.

Anyway, it was fun just being around Jameson. He had yet to take me out on a date, partly because I wasn't ever in the mood of going out to places and he was often times too in his head to go out as well. Jameson and I will go on a date later on. After this case was behind us.

"Your mom knew your father was at least a pedophile", I say to him as I start to take a familar turn to my neighborhood. I liked driving— for the most part.

"She just didn't know about the psychotic part", Jameson whispers and then looks at me. I stop at a red light and turn to him. "Was I too harsh on her?", he asks.

"On your mother?", I ask and he nods. He licks his bottom lip and says,"I mean with the whole story."

"And the part where you inwardly called her a whore", I add for him, trying not to smile. He presses a finger on the place my dimple would be (which it isn't right now because I wasn't too mean) and he asks,"Why is that funny?"

I let out my smile,"I'm sorry but I almost snorted in there. Jameson you gagged her, she immediately turned red like you do on so many occasions."

"You had me there but then lost me with the teasing", he says with a laugh and I find myself staring at his face with a quiet thought in my mind. Jameson truly is handsome. He squeezes my thigh again and I shake my head. "You can't keep doing that!"

"Doing what?", he asks with a face of innocence.

"You may not realize it—

"I do", he cuts me off with a grin. "I feel you tighten your thighs with my hand still here and I know it affects you. So I do it."

"You want me to drive this car into someone's house?", I ask looking at the road again and starting to drive again once the light is green.

"I want you to want me", he whispers.

"I do want you", I say to him.

"Come over then", he says and I can hear the grin on his face when he adds,"I have a hotel room."

"Calm down, cowboy", I say to him and he laughs, if not a little too mischievously and I shake my head. He was too happy about that. "Back to the topic at hand", I say pressing my hand onto the steering wheel tighter when turning again. "Do I think you were rough on your mother? No, you gave her everything she gives you. She's rough on you then."

We had left his house as soon as his mother finished off the story. Jameosn had almost started to cry— let out a tear— when Maeve continuously begged him to stay. He left her with a last hug and a promise to call her often. I wasn't sure what was going on with thier relationship but I'm guessing they will be okay.