Chapter 27 | "You deserve better, so I'm going to be better"

"Meet my mother", Jameson says smiling down at me with the biggest smile I have seen on his face ever. He was smiling at me as if we were not caught together—not doing anything, but our hands were close together, on his chest. His bare chest, Jameson had yet to put his shirt back on. "It's fine", he whispers to me before turning to his mom.

I sit up in my spot on the couch and place my hands on my lap and look at her. She was a petite woman, blonde hair with stunning blue eyes. Her eyes didn't shine as she took me in— her eyes moving up and down my frame without any light. Her lips pull in a frown at the sight of me and it only grows deeper as she turns to her son. Jameson smiles at her, but it's not the same smile he gave me. His lips were tipped up but there was no emotion in that smile.

I could see it. I could see the way his energy deflated as soon as he turned away from me. He doesn't have a good relationship with his mom and that was apparent in the way he wasn't even looking her in the eye. I swallow and his mom makes a sound of disappointment with her mouth. I cringe slightly as she asks in a bored tone,"Another one, Jameson?"

"Yeah, I love to bring girls home", Jameson's reply is dry, his voice short of any emotions. Then his voice heightens in sarcasm when he continues,"Ivory, did you like the tour of my bedroom? Tell you what, we should go back up there." His voice has a tone of mock suggestion in it, like he was talking about something else. Something along the lines of us being intimate with each other.

I don't glance at him because I'm scared of what he is doing. He is provoking his mother and he was using me to do so. With my cheeks flaming, I look ahead at his mother. She has a hand on her heart and says,"That was disrespectful."

"Yeah? No you are right, Ivory and I'll just continue here", he says and flashes a big smile at me. I don't return it and he grabs my hand, placing it on his chest. I pull away and hiss,"What? Are you provoking her?"

Jameson doesn't react to my words like I thought he would. I thought he would be surprised but he isn't. He turns back to his mom and displays a very big smile on his face. "She won't touch me, she only lets my dearest father do."

"That's—"

Jameson cuts off his mother and stands up in his seat. He grabs my hand to pull me up and barely looking at his mother he says,"Going out again."

"Your father wants us to have dinner together as a family tonight", his mother says and frowns as I walk past her. She wasn't being the nicest to me. Jameson let out a mock cheer and says,"I'll be sure to be on my best behavior. Maybe I'll even pick up a cake for dessert."

His mom narrows her eyes at him but Jameson only mumbles something under his breath before leading me toward the front door. "She is taking a good look at my back right now", Jameson says leaning down to speak to my ear in a playful manner. "She is calculating just how much it hurt, but she won't do anything about it."

"She's your mother", I tell him and he shrugs.

"Your mother abandoned you and mine just sticks around for the man and not the son. It's all the same really", he says with a shrug and I feel my heart break for him. Jameson was strong; at school he used not talking as defense mechanism but at home he used sarcasm to cope. Both sides of him were different but both of the guys hurt on a daily basis.

Jameson sighs and stands up straighter, which then he slips the shirt over his torso, a light hiss escaping from his mouth. It hurt for him to do such a task. He smiles at me after he is done and says,"Sad you won't be able to ogle at my chest anymore?"

"I don't think I like the version of you who teases me", I mumble as I walk past him out of the door to which he smirks at me greatly for. Jameson had changed in the last three days I've spoke to him or maybe it was this house. He had only started to act differently when his mom walked into the room. Once we get into his car I look around at his house again. It was so big, so marvelous.