Chapter 15 | "It's you, sweetie. You are the girl he already found."

I'm trying not to laugh at the face that Jameson just made. When we existed the meeting with a few last notes, Jacob joined the both of us. He claimed he wanted to see Maeve again and Jameson reluctantly agreed. As soon as we rounded the corner and Jacob and Maeve saw each other, they hurried their steps and were now hugging each other.

Only Jameson is not a fan, his face contorts of a small scowl and the more he stares them down, the more my chances of me laughing are. So now I am laughing. I place a hand on the strap of my backpack after a while and say,"Don't you think it's kind of cute?"

"No", he says with no emotion in his voice and I ignore him. I look over to find Jacob pulling away from the hug and grabbing Maeve's hand. "I think it is cute." I turn to Jameson and say,"I think the art of being excited to see a person is very cute."

"They only last saw each other when school let out", he says sounding a little too much like Grinch and I laugh. Shaking my head, I say,"That makes it cuter. I don't remember someone else reciprocating their excitement of seeing me."

"The boyfriend didn't?", he asks and I narrow my eyes on the fact that he always uses the word the whenever talking about him. It makes my thing with Blake sound like it was some kind of mockery.

"Ex", I correct and say,"No. I would be excited but he couldn't care less." Jameson pulls his lips together in a way to show his sympathy for me and I shake my head. "Do you have someone?"

Jameson's eyes widen and he sputters out,"Sorry what?"

"Despite all my flirting with you", I'm not sure why I said that. But I guess it was true, only when I flirted with him before, it was as a teasing manner. Now that I didn't have a boyfriend anymore, what was it now? I mean, I liked watching color come onto his face but... I catch his eyes and continue,"Do you have a girl?"

"That would be a no", Maeve shouts crossing the small distance across from us and running to me. I hold out my arms and she walks into my chest. I hug her tighter and after a moment she pulls away from the hug, giggling. She grabs Jacob's hand again and looks over to her brother. "Unless he never told me, James doesn't have a girl."

"True or false?", I ask Jameson who was avoiding looking at me. He looks at his sister and says,"True."

"So", I continue my conversation from earlier, leaving Jacob and Maeve and heading up to walk next to Jameson. We walk side by side and I say,"If you were to have one, you would be excited to see her as well."

"I'm sure", he mumbles and I laugh. "This type of standoffish attitude isn't going to land you a girl, dude."

"I'm not looking for one", he throws back at me and I shake my head. I'm not sure why him not looking for a girl makes a feeling in my stomach pool at the bottom. "If you were, you would be excited to see her as well."

"Okay, flower", he whispers and opens the door up for me. I thank him and walk out. The both of us walk down the stairs and I part ways to my dad's car. "See you tomorrow, boy-who- blushes-everywhere."

Jameson doesn't appreciate the fact that I shouted that out loud and looks away from me. "I'm joking!", I yell out to him but he keeps moving on. Laughing, I head into my dad's car who is smiling at me weirdly. He looks ahead at a retreating Jameson and says,"You like the boy?"

"No", I answer really quickly and suddenly my face gets warmer.

My dad keeps his eyes on Jameson who glances back at my dad's car. Catching my dad's eye, he holds his hand up to wave at him. My dad glances at me and says from the side of his mouth,"Wave back, Ivory."

"He was waving at you!", I whisper-shout at him and my dad shakes his head. "Wave at him!", he repeats and I look ahead to find Jameson still holding his hand up. I wave back at him and he puts his hand down and heads into his car. I turn to my dad and he gives me a large grin.