| 31 |

The school year's first Quidditch match took place on a particularly rainy day. Both the Gryffindor and Slytherin team had been asked if they would like to postpone the match to another date due to the heavy rain - both Quidditch Captains, Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint, had denied this opportunity. Both equally as eager to win over the other. 

"This weather is gonna kill someone," Xia complained and held a hand up in front of her eyes to screen them both from thr wind and the rain as she made her way down towards the Quidditch field.

"Hm... is Heeseung playing today?" Lin questioned, fighting her way through the wind alongside her sister.

"Not that I know of," Xia shook her head.

"Then I suppose you don't need to worry," Lin shrugged.

"I guess not," Xia shook her head quietly, "how was Riki and Jungwon this morning?"

"Almost like they were out for blood. It was scary," Lin frowned, recalling how feisty they both had seemed during breakast. Like they were ready to push someone off a broom to even win, "I have a feeling they're sore losers."

"Hm, fits the rest of the team just fine," Xia nodded quietly.

"Lin, Lin, Lin," Emiko's voice called out from behind Lin, just before she was about to rush up the Slytherin stands with her sister. Kumiko wandering a bit behind her younger sister.

"What?" Lin frowned as Emiko stopped a few stair steps below her.

"Good luck," Emiko breathed out with a wide grin, "what are we betting this year?"

"Pumpkin Pasty again?" Lin offered and Emiko immediately nodded with a wide grin, "may the best house win?"

"Gryffindor," Emiko reminded with a small wink, taking a few steps down the stairs.

"Hm, but we have Jungwon and Riki," Lin called back.

"Mere rookies!" Emiko laughed in return before running off with Kumiko, who was quick to set her sister off at the Gryffindor stands with Jay and Soomin, before she made the rest of the way to the Hufflepuff stands. Sitting down in the seat Sunoo and Millie had waved for her.

All the way across from the Slytherin stands, in the other end of the Quidditch field was the blue and grey striped stands. Facing right into the wind and rain - however, that didn't bother most of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team that would be watching from the stands.

"We're the next ones to play Slytherin," Jake spoke up, glancing over at Sunghoon and then down at Jiyeon, who stood between them - trying to find warmth in her striped scarf. Anxiously looking down at the field, "I have to keep an eye on how the chasers play. We're not letting in one goal this year. I swear."

"I think you're getting in over your head, Jake," Sunghoon called out against the wind, following the Slytherin closely as they stepped out onto the field and mounted their brooms. The Gryffindor team following soon after. No sign of Heeseung on the team this game.

"Are you alright, Yeon?" Jake nudged the girl beside him with his elbow, "you're very focused on the players."

"Just a bit worried, that's all," Jiyeon excused with a small smile, "what if Riki gets hit by the bludger instead of hitting it?"

"I heard Marcus Flint say he's their best beater in years. I don't think you need to worry," Jake assured with a small smile.

"Do you know when there's try-outs for the Ravenclaw team?" Jiyeon questioned, watching as the snitch was set free and Angelina Johnson recieved the Quaffle.

"Next year, I suppose," Jake shrugged, "we have a few chasers that's seventh years. Why? Would you like to replace them?"

"Do you think I could?" Jiyeon questioned and Jake shrugged.

"Perhaps," he excused with a small smile, "if you practice and do your best. I might be able to slip in a few words for you."

"Really?" Jiyeon questioned and watched as Angelina Johnson passed the quaffle to Katie Bell - never letting it get caught by Katie, had it not been for Jungwon catching it and flying with it down towards the Gryffindor goals.

"He's good," Sunghoon remarked and Jiyeon nodded, letting her eyes flicker between her two friends in the air.

The way Jiyeon was surveilling the game wasn't odd. Had you looked to four different spots on the Quidditch stands you would've seen three other students do the exact same thing. Near the Gryffindor goals stood Sunoo, watching Jungwon closely as he came flying straight ahead with the Quaffle - a small smile secretly making its way onto Sunoo's face. All the way across the field, by the Gryffindor stands Emiko kept her eyes on Riki, the closest player she knew, making sure he didn't get hit by a bludger - she felt like he would get hit the moment she looked away. 

All the way over in the Slytherin stands Lin tripped anxiously back and forth between each foot. Her eyes glancing back and forth as eagerly as Jiyeon's did. She just didn't want to go to the hospital wing by the end of the games to visit one of her friends. It was by far easier to have both of them get out of the games with no scratches on them. 

In the end someone would have to go to the hospital wing, but it was neither Riki or Jungwon (both of whom had done incredibly for their first game). The only one in the hospital wing after that Quidditch game was Harry Potter himself - only because Gilderoy Lockhart was convinced he could heal a broken arm on the Quidditch field. From afar it mostly looked like he had made every bone in Harry's arm disappear. A few students getting sick from the sight in the stands - which was quite effective when it came to emptying the field as fast as possible. No one really wanted to stand near someone who had been sick.

In the end the two new Slytherin players had been heavily congratulated by their friends when they got into the Great Hall for dinner that night. Both getting multiple hugs and gushing compliments - to which they couldn't help but let out a small laugh each. Glancing up at the floating pumpkin heads that had been put up in the Great Hall during the Quidditch match earlier that day.