| 72 |

From the very first class anyone had with professor Moody they immediately knew that this school year they would be the most intense they'd had so far, just judging by how he taught his classes.

"He's a bit scary, isn't he?" Emiko whispered quietly to Lin huddled over Emiko's table behind her, twisting her back to lean over her seat properly.

"A bit," Lin nodded calmly, "but he's taught us a lot already."

"I find him scary," Riki sneered slightly as he shook his head and ruffled his hair casually beside Emiko, "I might as well end up with nightmares about him if I don't watch out."

"Then you have to watch out better Nishimura," professor Moody's voice loudly declared as he marched into his room and Lin immediately returned into her seat in front of Emiko properly, sending Sunoo a scared look as he only chuckled in return. Riki on the other hand sat completely stunned and bewildered as he stared at professor Moody, "might make you calm down if you know your father hopefully has nightmares about me, too."

"Your dad?" Emiko frowned from beside Riki as Lin quietly shifted in his seat and Jiyeon snapped her head to look at Jungwon with a frown.

Riki knew very well that professor Moody had heard Emiko, yet he decided to not comment on it. Something Riki mentally thanked professor Moody for. It might've been because professor Moody had decided on focusing on rambling about what the Ministry found fitting to teach fourth years and how he disagreed - as well as writing down the topic for the day's class on the blackboard. Unforgivable curses.

"Anyone know of this?" Moody questioned, still writing down something else on the blackboard. With a quiet movement Jiyeon had planted her elbow on her desk and extended her hand into the air beside her head, "Song."

"The three unforgivable curses are curses evil and vile enough to send you to Azkaban due to their malicious results," Jiyeon calmly explained as if she had said everything with a sigh.

"And landing you a one way ticket to Azkaban," Moody hummed in agreement, "as miss Song said it... we have three. Any bidders?"

Again Jiyeon raised her hand along with a few other students. Jungwon quietly reaching up and pulling Jiyeon's hand down. A knowing smile on his face as she looked at him with offense.

"You don't need to answer everything," he whispered quietly.

"Weasley it is then," Moody declared and Ron Weasley slowly nodded, "up up, stand up."

Slowly Ron Weasley rose from his seat and murmured something out. Getting asked to repeat himself louder for everyone to hear.

"Imperius curse," Run spoke louder and Moody hummed immediately with an approving nod, letting Ron sit down once again.

Moody quickly returned to his desk and opened a far, retrieving a spider from it. The spider stood calmly in Moody's palm, getting enlarged by a flick of Moody's wand. Growing to about twice or thrice its original size.

"Imperio," by the time professor Moody had muttered the curse the spider had stiffened up and started acting as if it was forced to do whatever was asked of it.

Then the fun for Moody began, letting the spider jump from desk to student's shoulder and another's head. Sunoo had quickly leaned away once the spider had been forced to land on his book, earning a small chuckle from Lin and a pat on the shoulder once the spider had jumped onto Draco Malfoy's face.

To the students it was all fun and games until the spider was forced up against one of the classroom windows.

"What should I do next? Get her to jump out the window?" Moody made the spider jump over and stand on the edge of a bucket full of water, "drown herself?" and then everything was saved. The spider returned to Moody's palm, "after the fall of you-know-who a lot of wizards claimed to be under the Imperio curse. Killing and torturing while under the curse. Created loads of trouble for the ministry."

"But... are people aware while under the curse?" Jiyeon murmured to Jungwon, only earning a shrug, "like... can you deny it?"

"I don't think so..." Jungwon murmured in return once Moody called on Neville to mention the next unforgivable curse.

"The cruciatus curse," Neville hesitantly stammered out earning a nod from Moody, who brought him up to his desk and placed the spider down on top of a book.

"I don't like this..." Riki murmured and leaned further back in his seat.

Quietly Emiko sent Riki a glance before reaching over and patting his knee gently. Letting her hand rest there while Moody demonstrated how the cruciatus curse put the spider through a terrible round of torture, right in front of Neville. It was only when Hermione Granger yelled out to stop that professor Moody actually did stop and let Neville return to his seat.

"Perhaps you could tell us the last unforgivable curse, miss Granger?" Moody questioned and lifted the spider down to lay on the table in front of Hermione, who quickly shook her head and refused to look at the spider. With two words professor Moody had cast the killing curse at the spider and it stopped moving completely, "the killing curse... only one is known to have survived it, and he's sitting in this classroom."

As per usual Harry Potter was incredibly good at attracting attention to himself, despite not doing anything to get it and secretly not wanting any of the attention. It was mostly stares that turned in Harry's direction, and only a few looks of pity. 

Once the class ended everyone was still in a dark mood, not wanting to talk and just looking around gloomily. The next thing on the schedule was lunch, but every fourth year students swore they wouldn't be eating a thing after that class.

"I can't believe he just cast the killing curse... in a classroom," Lin whispered, all upset, as she, Emiko and Sunoo rushed down the stairs in front of the last three in their friend group, "he's absolutely insane."

"I found the cruciatus curse worse," Riki admitted in a dull voice, glaring at any student rushing to pass by him.

"The imperius curse is by far the worst," Jungwon quickly disagreed, "imagine all the things you could be forced to do. It could force you to kill someone."

"Yeah... but it's just not the same," Lin shook her head up at him, "I would much rather get hit with the imperius curse than the killing curse."

"I just find it more scary. If you get hit by the killing curse, that's it. Nothing else, no pain or consequence for anything," Jungwon pointed out, "imperius curse you don't even know what you're gonna wake up to."

"Let's just agree to all disagree," Sunoo shrugged and walked a tad bit ahead of his other five friends, "I'm gonna eat with Millie and Kumiko today. I'll see you guys for History of Magic."

Jiyeon quickly grinned widely and waved Sunoo off before continuing to walk quietly among her friends, which were all too riled up on their discussion to stop it there.