| 1 |

September, 1989

It was nothing new that Platform 9 3/4 were filled with hustling and bustling from students as old as seventeen to as young as eleven, some even ten for a few more months. The chatting, and sometimes panicked, families of each student didn't dull down the loud atmosphere on the platform as the locomotive stood damping on the tracks - awaiting to be boarded by new as old students.

 "Will he fit in?" a worried dad questioned his wifer eagerly as she happily adjusted the cloak she just had draped over her young son's shoulders - a "good luck on your first day" sort of gift she had gotten tailored when they had gotten his uniform in Diagon Alley only a few weeks prior.

"He'll be just as new as everyone else," the worried man's wife confirmed with a small smile as she looked her son up and down and folded her hands in front of herself, "I looked just as nervous on my first day when I was your age," she quietly reminded with a mischevious smile.

"I mean, will he fit in among the others? Will any of the other kids have a normal dad like me... whatever you call us," the man waved his hand a bit as he frantically looked up and down the platform, hoping to find someone that outed themselves just as much as he did.

"There's plenty of kids at Hogwarts who has a muggle parent. Some even have two," his wife reminded calmly, "my best friend when I was at Hogwarts was muggleborn, and she was no less of a witch than I was," she reminded and glanced over at her husband, "Heeseung is a well adjusted child. He'll find friends in no time."

"What he can't keep up with the lessons?" the man continued.

"The teachers and staff at Hogwarts are the best in the country. I fear he'll be much greater at magic than I ever was," the woman replied in a finalized tone, making it clear she did not want to hear one more word of worries from her husband. She was convinced her son would do just fine and happily sent him onto the train with that thought in mind.

It might impress you to know how different the families on the platform could be. From a half-blood family convinced their son will be just fine and do great in his classes, to a pureblood family with strict and clear lines of how everything should be. That year a boy and a girl started at Hogwarts, both from vastly different family. Her family bidding their goodbyes just a few meters from the boy's.

"Now, remember we have a name to withhold. The Fàn name has always belonged in Slytherin and nothing else will be acceptable," her mother reminded and adjusted the flaps of the young girl's blazer, "everyone knows our name. When you're called up to the sorting, everyone will know who you are and what family you belong to."

"I know, mother," the girl calmly reminded and glanced down the platform, noticing how each family she could see bid their goodbyes with hugs and smiles. It seemed almost like she was detached from the reality, a dark hue almost embraced her and her family when she looked back up at her mother, "Slytherin and nothing else. Anything else?"

"You look like a real witch," her younger sister remarked from between her parents. The girl immediately looked down towards her and let a small smile tug at her lips.

"Can Lin and I talk before I get on the train?" the older sister questioned and both parents shared a glance before simply taking a few steps back. With no hesitation the older girl grabbed her sister's hand and tugged her a bit down the platform, "I have something very important to remind you, Lin," her sister reminded and adjusted her younger sister's blazer, dusting off the shoulders, "at Hogwarts mom and dad can't see what you do."

"What are you gonna do, Xia?" Lin questioned and blinked a few times with an oblivious look on her face, "will mom and dad be mad if they know?" she whispered quietly.

"Two more years, Pumpkin. Then you'll see," Xia assured with a small grin, "as long as I get sorted into Slytherin they don't need to know anything else about what I do, do they?"

"I also want to end in Slytherin," Lin murmured and Xia grinned immediately.

"You will, Pumpkin. I'm sure of it," she assurued and walked her sister back to their parents, "I'll be off then. I'll see you for Christmas."

Xia sharply turned on her heel and stepped up onto the train, walking down the corridors to find an empty compartment. Unknowingly to her, she momentarily brushed shoulder's with the half-blood boy that had gotten his newly tailored cloak adjusted a few minutes prior. Unknowingly she had just passed the boy that would be her polar opposite and her identical twin.

That evening a boy named Heeseung Lee approached the sorting hat with a clear aura of calmness, not fully understanding what the houses of the school meant. All he knew was that his mother had been a Gryffindor. He wasn't completely aware then, but when the sorting hat had yelled out of his belonging in Gryffindor it had been the best outcome possible for him.

Meanwhile, among the crowd of anxious first year students stood a pureblood girl with her heart pumping hard enough to jump straight into the back of one of the two identical redheads standing in front of her. Upon getting her name called out by Professor McGonagall she pushed her way between the two identical redheads and took her spot on the low stool. Knowing everyone knew who she was when that hat got placed on her head. Yet, nothing had made her happier than the single name the hat yelled out to the Great Hall before it barely even touched her head.

"Slytherin!"