| 11 |

The library of Hogwarts was a remarkably quiet place during Saturdays. Barely even a soul was in the library, which made it the perfect place for you to sit and try to decipher the Divination homework professor Trelawney had assigned you. That's why Heeseung and Xia had made Saturday morning their designated Divination homework time.

"Explain to me again how professor Trelawney expects us to write a three foot long essay on Palmistry," Xia sighed as she kept on flipping back and forth in her Divination book. For a subject she was so excited for, it was incredible how much she had come to dislike it - simply because she wasn't that good at it, even Heeseung did better than she did.

"It's really not that hard," Heeseung pointed out calmly from the seat across from her, "Lin's already writing three foot long essays."

"How do you know?" Xia sneered and glanced up at Heeseung as he only snickered in return.

"I taught her my best essay writing tip of course," the boy replied with a certain sense of pride while he straightened his back up just a tad bit more.

"And that is..." Xia waved her hand impatiently, her quill balanced neatly at the base between her pointer and middle finger.

"A tad bit larger letters, longer spaces, and a bit more distance between the lines," Heeseung grinned proudly, "as far as I know she's passing with flying colours so far.

"You're teaching her to cheat."

"I'm teaching her to not get stressed over long essays."

Xia kept her eyes lingering on Heeseung for a few seconds before sighing heavily and shaking her head. Eventually turning her attention back down onto her essay, which she now could see was written in a much smaller and neater handwriting than Heeseung's, not to mention she barely even spaced out her lines. Perhaps she should give Heeseung's tip a try, but starting to do it now that she was halfway through her essay would just looked suspicious to professor Trelawney. It would only look even more suspicious after professor Sprout always had complimented her on how nice and neat her essays looked - the same compliment for three years.

"I heard the Gryffindor Quidditch teams are having try-outs soon," Xia changed the subject, trying to win time for her to decide wether or not she should get a new piece of parchment to rewrite her essay a bit bigger.

"Mhm... the weekend after Ravenclaw has," Heeseung hummed and dipped his quill in his ink, barely even removing his eyes from his essay.

"Are you gonna try out this year?" Xia tilted her head down, trying to get a proper glimpse of Heeseung's face, "did you have time to practice during the summer?"

"I stayed with my uncle for a few weeks this summer," Heeseung nodded patiently, "he used to be the beater when he attended Hogwarts. We practiced a bit."

"So... will you try out?"

Heeseung let out a heavy sigh before he let himself meet Xia's excited gaze. He had to glance around the library a bit, trying to find the right way to phrase his proposition. Eventually the words did come to him and he looked back at her.

"Could I ask a favour of you then?" Heeseung questioned.

"Of course," Xia nodded before nodding down at her dark green tie, "I might be considered evil, but you of all people should know by now that Slytherins aren't evil by default."

"Your sister called me dirty after I gave her my essay tip," Heeseung frowned, a roll of the eyes coming from Xia.

"I'll take it with her at dinner tonight," Xia sighed and flipped through her Divination book once again, trying to find the register - which had been placed at random places in the book, as an attempt to train your inner eye and foresee where the register would be placed. At least that was the bullshit Trelawney had told Xia when she had complained about her frequently disappearing register, "you had a favour to ask?"

"Right," Heeseung nodded and played with the feathery end of his quill, "if I am to go to the try outs for the Quidditch team, would you go as my moral support?"

"Moral support?" Xia paused her page flipping to arch a brow at Heeseung, clearly skeptical of the idea.

"Yeah... you know... you don't have to sit and cheer on me or anything. You can just sit in the stands and keep an eye on me," Heeseung nodded.

"Why do you need that?" Xia snickered.

"I feel like I have to do extra well if you're watching," Heeseung shrugged casually, finally letting Xia's snicker turn into a wide grin. She straightened up her back just a bit more, "I think it might help me like... you know... play better."

"Say... Lee, do you have a need to impress me?" Xia smugly questioned and leaned her shoulder a bit forward, wiggling her eyebrows two times.

"Absolutely not," Heeseung snorted and looked back down at his essay.

"It would just... you know... make perfectly clear sense," Xia continued in the mocking tone she had switched to, "I mean... we're thirteen, and from my knowledge that's right about when you boys start to be a bit... you know... for-"

"I do not need to impress you," Heeseung clarified, desperate for Xia to just shut up already.

"You're right, you don't. But you might feel you need to," Xia pointed out, immediately getting kicked over the shin under the table, "no, alright then."

Xia had to bite back a small laugh as she looked back down at her homework once again, actually biting down on her lip to not make a single sound. Meanwhile, Heeseung was left with bright pink ears and sudden sweat creeping up under his white shirt. Ruffling his hair to get his head clear.

"So, will you come to the try outs or not?" Heeseung sighed heavily and looked back up at Xia, praying she didn't notice his ears.

"I already told you of course," Xia nodded, "it's the fewest favours I deny."

"Okay... cool... good," Heeseung breathed out and looked back down at his essay as well, "so... how's Lin doing at school?"

"She's alright," Xia murmured and started trying to skim the text of Palmistry, she finally had managed to find, "apparently she's made a great deal of friends in her first Herbology class, I have a feeling that not all of them are pureblood, but she's convinced they are. I had to pay her with pumpkin pastries for her to not mention your bloodstatus to mom and dad."

"Why is it so important for them again?" Heeseung frowned and glanced up at her. Xia didn't look up, she only shrugged.

"I don't know," she murmured, "it's just a big deal to them. I can't tell you why."

"Hm... weird," Heeseung murmured and looked back at his essay, clearly sensing that this was a sensitive subject, which Xia would rather avoid than talk more about.