04. Bella

Vincenzo's pov

I just came inside the building that I own for a meeting. I don't want to be here but I have to.

I just want to cuddle with my beautiful wife and watch movies with my boys.

; Right now I'm walking towards the elevator while my workers are nodding and saying "hi boss" at me.

I got to the elevator and pressed the button. Suddenly I felt a hand on my back. I turned around and signed when I saw my right hand in the mafia. Or Elijah Bruno my best friend from childhood.

"Hey man how is it," he said and we did one of those bro hugs.

"Im good. Just wanna get this over with so I can go home" I said.

"Aww is the big mafia man homesick" he said teasingly.

"Hey! you know I can kill you. So shut up" I warned.

; "Yeah yeah but you could never really kill me. You love me too much," he said dramatically.

I chuckled a little bit before we both walked inside the elevator.

We chatted some more inside the elevator until we got to the floor where the meeting would be held.

"Ok so is this meeting about the mafia or the legal business?" Elijah asked.

"Mafia" I answered shortly.

"And who is the person we're meeting?"

"His name is Jack Lopez. He's some mafia boss but his team is so small and weak so I think he just wants help from us" I answered.

"And are we going to help him?"

"It depends on what he's offering"

We got to the door where we got to know that Jack was already here by a guard.

"Ready?" Elijah asked dramatically.

"It's just a fucking meeting we're not going up a stage" I answered and opened the door.

We both walked in and the bald ugly man sat.

I already have thought about this man and I don't like him. He has drinking problems and buys drugs pretty often. The only good thing is that he's living alone so no poor soul has to live with his disgusting soul.

"Hello Mr. Rossi it's nice to finally meet you," he says while handing out his hand for me to shake it.

I don't.

Instead I just nod and sit down. Elijah sat down beside me and started to talk a little knowing I was in no mood to talk.

I've been like this since she disappeared. I'm always in no mood to talk in meetings and always homesick. But my home will never be complete if we don't find her.

After some minutes it was just Jack talking and us listening. Or more me listening quietly while Elijah sat nodding at things.

Suddenly I got a message so I took up my phone from my pocket and saw that it was from Elijah.

I looked up at him confused but immediately changed it back to my cold emotionless face.

I looked at the message.

Elijah
-why is it sitting a kid in the corner of the room? You said he didn't have a family.

When I read the message I looked up to the corner and saw a little kid sitting with their head down.

Vincenzo
-I thought so. I will just ask when we're ending the meeting.

He sent two thumbs up so I knew he wouldn't bring it up in the meeting.

...

The meeting slowly came to an end and we had made a deal with him so we were going to get him some drugs as he asked for.

I didn't want to but I guess it's fine. Just because I think he's a disgusting person shouldn't mean that I can't make a deal with him.

"Before we say goodbye I would like to know why it's sitting a child in the corner of the room?" I finally asked.

He seemed to freeze a bit but I just found it amusing that he was scared of me.

"Oh yes ehm that is my daughter. She couldn't stay home alone so I didn't have a choice and had to bring her with me. I'm sorry if she disturbed you," he said

"It's fine. Why don't they come over here and introduce themselves self" I then asked now more interested. 

Jack nodded and walked to the child saying something that we couldn't hear.

Then suddenly the kid tried their best to walk closer to us with their head down.

"H-hi m-my name I-is Bella," the girl said quietly still looking down at the floor.

My heart started pounding because my princess was also named Bella. We chose the name Bella because in Italy it means pretty. I miss her so much.

"And how old are you, Bella?" Elijah asked.

"T-twee" she answered.

"Could you look up for us kiddo" He then asked.

Bella slowly looked up and my whole body froze.

She looked exactly like my princess just some years older.

My princess would be three by now.

I looked at Elijah and he looked at me and I nodded saying that she looked like her.

"Before you guys get home would you like a drink?" I then asked.

__________
My longest chapter right now!