I turned around and ran to the window, sinking my fingers underneath the lever and yanking it open or attempting to; Anrai nailed bolts into the cushioned part, sealing our only way out.

"I would've suggested your boyfriend should be sent to the academy but he's way too old and he's not an alpha," Elijah started mumbling as his eyes flickered around the room.

"An alpha academy but you're opening up positions to others like humans and me," I shrugged. "It's not like it will stay an only alpha academy forever."

"You're right," he coughed, sweat beads coating his neck. "Next year, President Vellamo is planning to open the academy with risks though. We won't be held liable for anything that happens."

"That's dangerous-"

"That's life."

My eyes flickered to the door and I exasperated a sigh before asking, "Next year? Why next year? Why would anyone want to come to this academy?"

"Simple, Mr. Mitsuo," Elijah looks at me through those dark lashes. "Alphas are naturally smarter, stronger, and flexible to their environments. Who wouldn't want their shapeshifter child to be taught by the best? But it comes with a price; alphas are dominant in nature. We can't help if we're too aggressive. At least the teens."

"The president would be willing to risk that?" I sighed.

What has the world come to? Things have drastically changed since I was a pup.

Elijah groaned, thrusting his head back. He coughed, using his elbows to prop himself up. His cheeks were reddened and his eyes softer, he spat, "My body feels like it's shredding me from the inside."

"I'm trying to find us a way out but I have a broken hand-"

"You saw that part in Breaking Dawn where Bella is going through the transition-her organs are rotting and it shows visuals of her screaming if she was conscious?" Elijah asked.

"Are you serious right now? You're thinking about that movie in your last hours of possible death?" I deadpan.

"That's how I feel right now. I can understand the pain she's going through," he rests his hand on his torso. "She's a true warrior."

"Elijah! Please! We need to stay serious!" I continued to search the room while he continued to ramble.

He started laughing out of nowhere and my eyes went round. His laugh was throaty and raspy. "I'm hurting so bad," he covered his mouth and laughed harder.

"Is there laughing gas in that tranq dart or something?!" I placed my good hand on my hip.

"I don't know but," he started giggling. "Mr. Mitsuo, have I ever told you that your face gets really red when you're flustered or angry?"

My cheeks heated and I walked over to him and placed my hand on his chest, forcing him to lay flat on his back. "You need to rest, Elijah."

His smile reached his ears as he thrusts his head back against the pillows. "I wouldn't have minded if you were my mate," he muttered.

My body went rigid and I stared at him as he caught his breath from laughing hard. He seemed out of it, blinking rapidly. "Why are there four of you?"