Just walk through the forest to reach Jincheng. Next to Jincheng is Kyoto.

The route was planned and everything was packed, and the three of them were ready to set off.

Cheng Xiyan bought three mountain bikes at the supplies department, which was much faster than walking.

Early the next morning, Cheng Xiyan rode a mountain bike, carrying a mountaineering bag, took a look in front of the warm tent, then turned around and rode away.

Accompanied by Mo Fang and Mo Yuan, the three of them headed towards Kyoto.

Before leaving City C, I encountered a group of robbers. There were four or five men opposite, and of course, in the end, Cheng Xiyan taught him how to behave.

Don't underestimate the physical ability of a soldier. Even in the last days, if you don't have enough food or clothing, he can blow your head off in an instant.

The long, straight highway was desolate.

The water from melting ice and snow slowly nourishes the dry vegetation and the earth, trying to bring them back to life.

The paint on the guardrails on both sides peeled off due to exposure to the sun during extremely hot periods, revealing some rusty steel pipes inside.

The asphalt road is also full of potholes, and the dirt is exposed in some places.

Some parts of the Beijing-Qingdao Expressway were damaged by the earthquake, but they were not wide enough so people could cross them.

Mo Fang took out the rope from his mountaineering bag, threaded it through the tires of three mountain bikes, made a buckle, and then passed the rope to Mo Yuan's hand opposite, and then the three of them pulled the rope in their direction.

If the crack is too big to pass through, the three of them will take a detour.

After walking and stopping along the way, when they arrived at the Jiaocheng Expressway entrance, they were completely unable to get through.

A longitudinal crack was more than twenty meters wide, neatly cutting off the entrance to the station.

Looking across the wide crack to the road inside, it was a bit unclear. I could only see a rough outline, with large and small cracks crisscrossing the asphalt road.

Jiaocheng and City C are more than 400 kilometers apart, and earthquakes also occurred here. It's just that compared to City C, Jiaocheng is more miserable.

It's impossible to pass through Jiaocheng, so we have to take a detour.

Chapter 65 Departure back to Beijing (3/3)

Previous page   ←   Chapter list   →   Next chapter  Correction

Cheng Xiyan took out the paper map from his backpack, spread it out and told Mo Fang and Mo Yuan, "We can only go around from Gai County to Shuangji Town, and then go through the forest from Shuangji Town."

Mo Fang took over the words and said, "I just don't know what Gai County and Shuangji Town are like? Let's go first, take it step by step, we have come so far."

The three of them packed up, had something to eat and continued on their way.

Gaixian County is a small county below Jiaocheng, with a permanent population of about 250,000.

There are several small pharmaceutical factories operating here. Therefore, many local people in Gai County go to work on the assembly lines of pharmaceutical factories.

In the early days of the natural disaster, Jiaocheng officials had notified various counties and villages that they could move to the Jiaocheng base to facilitate management.

Of course, it’s not mandatory and you can choose not to live on base.

In the northwest corner of Gai County, there is a Jiahe Pharmaceutical Factory.

The three-story buildings are scattered all over the city, and the mottled and peeling walls look like no one has taken care of them for a long time. Most of the houses are still in good condition, only a few buildings are crooked or collapsed.

The double-open solid iron doors were wide open on both sides, and there were figures walking back and forth inside.

Kou Quan, about fifty years old, was Jiahe’s former manager.

When the natural disaster first broke out, the boss called Kou Quan and told him to keep an eye on Jiahe and not treat him badly when he came back, so Kou Quan didn't leave and has been living in Jiahe.

This defense lasted for several months. Other Jiahe employees left one after another, some went home, and some went to the Jiaocheng base.

Before the flood, Kou Quan went back home and took his father, wife, children and children to live in Jiahe, and also moved all the remaining supplies from home.

As time passed, Kou Quan discovered that the disaster never stopped. The phone couldn't be reached, and the boss was nowhere to be found, so he discussed it with several former Jiahe employees and set up camp here using Jiahe as his base.

Kou Quan's father wanted to go to the Jiaocheng base, but felt that it was not an option here. He had to go to a place with many people to feel safe.

Kou Quan disagreed, and seeing that his father insisted on going, he sent the old man to the base after the flood receded, where he lived with his wife, daughter and children.

Seeing the supplies dwindling day by day, Kou Quan thought that he couldn't just sit there and have nothing, right? I have to find a way to get supplies.

So, several people discussed it and took turns looking for supplies.

Kou Quan suddenly remembered that there was a darkroom in his boss's office, and there might be something valuable in it. Even if not, it would be perfect for hiding supplies.