It was only after Wen Guoqiang chatted with the chief secretary today that he learned that the national treasury was in short supply of food.

The grain and other materials that were moved from the grain depot were in the air raid shelters. This earthquake collapsed the air raid shelters.

Not to mention the collapse, there are still cracks in some places, so it would be difficult to dig them all out. All we can say is that we should try our best to save as many as we can.

The others are almost out of food, so when they see their family enjoying spicy food, there shouldn't be too many jealous people. In order to survive, if a group of survivors attacked in groups, they could tear his family to pieces!

This is not alarmist, nor is it impossible to happen. Just be careful in everything and you will never make a big mistake.

After Nuan Nuan finished eating the grapes, he ran to the warehouse to find three large hiking bags.

I loaded some fast food and dried meat, found a flatbed cart that transports cabbage, and stacked quilts, clothes, and some daily necessities.

I also found a small pot, seasonings and an alcohol lamp. We took two tents, one for doubles and one for multiple people. There is one for Wen Guoqiang and his wife, and one for her and Xiaobai Kio.

I got three air mattresses, one for my parents, and two for her, otherwise she wouldn’t be able to sleep enough.

Mother Wen brought out a big iron pot from the warehouse and said, "My dear daughter, you can find a vacuum machine to vacuum up the quilts and clothes. You can also make some room for this pot."

"Okay, I'll go find it now. Mom, you don't need to get the big iron pot, right?"

The family was busy packing the supplies they needed to take to the shelter.

Everything is ready for moving tomorrow.

The next day, before dawn, the family got up early.

After stacking all the supplies on the flatbed truck and putting the hiking bags together and getting ready, the three of them and the two beasts headed towards the shelter with their headlamps on as it got dark.

It takes about two and a half to three hours to walk for ten kilometers. If the road is not good, it will only extend the walking time.

When they were still two kilometers away from the shelter, Wen's father asked Nuan Nuan to take out the flatbed truck, and each of them took a hiking bag. Don't wait until they were almost at the shelter before taking it out, otherwise it would be hard to tell others if they saw it.

There are a lot of things, the cars are heavy, and the roads are not easy to walk on. Mother Wen was carrying a crossbow and pushing the cart with Father Wen.

Xiaobai and Kio each carried a small bag containing their snacks.

It was almost noon by the time the Wen family of five arrived at the shelter.

Chapter 60 Moving to the Shelter (3/3)

Previous page   ←   Chapter list   →   Next chapter  Correction

The location of the tent was chosen far away from other survivors.

Zhang Li has been waiting for her little sister at the entrance of the shelter since morning.

Too far away to see who it is. I saw a black dot and a white dot moving.

"Then it's my sister's family, Dahai, let's go and greet them." Zhang Li and Liu Dahai walked forward to greet them.

The place has been chosen. Liu Dahai, Liu Yi, Liu Jie, the secretary, and Teng Hai all came over to help set up the tent and organize things.

"Little sister, why did you choose a location so far away? Isn't it safe?" Zhang Li and Mother Wen were chatting while tidying up the tent.

"This is both a tiger and a dog in my house. I want to stay away so that others won't be scared. If I make Xiaobai angry by making loud noises, something bad will happen." Mother Wen said. Take out the quilt and lay it on the air mattress.

"Yes, I saw your little white, and I felt scared. Let's hurry up and help my niece tidy up her tent later." After saying this, Zhang Li quickened her movements.

"No, eldest sister. She has to put her home by herself, so we don't have to worry about her and let her do her own thing. When she gets tired, she will call me."

Warmth also inflates the air cushion here.

Two meters long, two meters and three wide, two paved. Otherwise, the three of them would have to sleep tightly together.

The floors are all covered with carpets that Wen Guoqiang bought before. The quilt was spread out on the bed and the electric blanket was plugged in. There are pots and pans. Two buckets of tap water were placed in the corner.

After all the warmth was put away, it was evening. Wen Guoqiang and his wife went to their daughter's big tent, put on their slippers, and closed the curtain tightly, and the three of them ate secretly.

What I ate was rice mixed with tomatoes and scrambled eggs. I couldn’t eat anything that tasted too strong. After dinner, Wen Guoqiang and his wife stayed here, and Nuan Nuan took Xiaobai Kio back to the space for dinner.

After feeding them, Wen Nuan lay still on the bed for a moment and said, "Ah... I'm so exhausted. Xiaobai, Kio, let's go to the toilet and come back to sleep. Mom and Dad, you go back to sleep first, I'm tired." They'll come back when they're done."

Wen Nuan struggled to get up from the bed and took them out.

Father Wen followed behind, "Go back, Dad. I'm fine myself. Besides, there are Xiaobai and Kio. Who can't mess with me?"

Father Wen didn't agree, "Let's go, just treat it as after-dinner digestion."

The shelter didn't feel like home, there were too many people. There are good things and bad things, but he is worried about his daughter being alone.

The father and daughter took their two little ones and wandered around a lot outside. Xiaobai and Kio also finished using the toilet, and then went back to their respective tents to sleep.