Chapter 55: Hunted

Chapter 55 | Hunted

Chapter 55 | Hunted

Episode 11x3(Hunted)

"God isn't here anymore."-Father Gabriel

--------------------------------------

-"Run!" Duncan yells.

-We are all scattering knives getting thrown at us. I watch as Cole gets his throat slit by one of the masked people. A knife comes at me and it misses my head but manages to cut a bit of my ear. I make a break for it completely by myself. I don't know if Alden is alive, Maggie or anyone else for that matter. I'm going to die out here and Maya is going to be left without her mother.

----------------------------

Alexandria POV

-Alexandria was doing pretty rough. Aaron and his crew were trying their best to fix the walls. While Carol and some of the others go out searching for the horses, if they can find the horses that's one win for them at least right? The children all knew how bad the situation was even with all the adults saying everything would be alright.

-"I'm hungry too." Judith says to Gracie while they are playing a card game with the other kids.

-"Do you ever worry about your mom when she goes away?" Hershel asks Judith.

-"I'm used to it. Grown ups are always running off doing things. "Promise I'll see you soon. Love you." Judith says.

-The kids slap their hands down on the card game but Gracie was first so she takes the cards.

-"They used to say that stuff in the olden times right? They can't promise it now but they say it anyways." Hershel says.

-Maya listens to Hershel's words and he's right, they can't promise to come back.

-"They don't want us to think they're never coming back. It's supposed to make us feel better." Judith says.

-"They say it to make themselves feel better." Hershel says.

-"Still. My mom always comes back." Judith says.

-"Yeah." RJ says agreeing with his sister.

-"Mine too." Maya says but feels a bit uncertain. What if she doesn't come back? What happens then. Panic comes over the little girl and she gets up from her seat to go outside without finishing the game.

-She ends up on the front porch crying now and brings her knees to her chest, and hugs herself wearing her moms shirt that was once her fathers. If her mom doesn't come back she has no parents left she never even got to meet her dad, so would the world be so much crueler killing her mom too.

-"Maya. Are you okay?" Lydia says coming over.

-"What if my mom doesn't come back." She says breaking down.