Chapter 38: The bridge

Chapter 38 | The bridge

Episodes 9x2(The bridge), 9x3(Warning signs), 9x4(The Obliged), and 9x5(What Comes after)

------------------------------------

-April 10th 1321 days since the start.

-It's been 35 days since Gregory's been hung and 35 days since construction on the bridge has started. 28 of those days I wasn't allowed to do anything other than little tasks and taking care of Maya due to my concussion. Siddiq needed help at the construction site and I needed something to do so for the past three days I have been helping him. I miss Maya. I haven't seen her in a few days. I know the saviors are "better people now" but I still won't put her in a dangerous situation with them around. The saviors are doing most of the labor on the bridge due to them needing food at the sanctuary. They can no longer take without giving something in return. Siddiq these last few days has been determined to have me do everything without his assistance. I know one of these days Siddiq is going to Alexandria permanently and I have to be ready to be the only doctor at the hilltop. I'm just scared he's been the real doctor for a while now and I don't know if I am ready to fill his shoes.

-Cydnie comes into the medical tent with a hand injury. Me and Cydnie still have bad blood and I know it. I find her very often giving me the death glare. I understand I killed her grandmother, but it was in defense.

-"You're lucky it's not infected. Next time come see us right away." Siddiq says while I'm stitching Cydnie's hand.

-"I know I just felt stupid. Peeling a potato is a pretty dumb way to end up in the infirmary." Cydnie says.

-"Yeah well it's an even dumber way to get gangrene." I say.

-"Hows the star nurse doing?" Rick says about me.

-"Ready to take on anything." Siddiq says.

-"Good she's gonna get her chance. I'd like you to head back home. There's a bug going around." Rick says to Siddiq.

-"Okay I'll head out with the next escort." Siddiq says.

-"Wait he's leaving." I say.

-"Ow!" Cydnie says when I'm not paying attention to her hand

-"Sorry." I say.

-"Uh it's fine. I got this." I say.

-"Yeah I know." Rick says and walks away and continues on with what he was doing before.

----------------------------------------

-Siddiq ends up leaving with the next escort like he said so now I'm by myself.

-Justin, one of the saviors comes into the medical tent with a hand injury. And his face is banged up like he was in a fight.

-"I don't know what you expect me to do for you, it's not broken or anything." I say to him.