Chapter 30: Surprise

Chapter 30 | Surprise

Episodes 8x1(Mercy), 8x3(Monsters), 8x6(The King, The Widow, and Rick), 8x8(How it's gotta be)

"We've practiced. We've been through it over and over again. We all know the plan doesn't end this morning. That we may have to live in uncertainty for days, maybe more. That we have to keep our faith in each other. If we can hold onto that with everything we have, the future is ours. The world is ours."-Maggie Rhee

----------------------------------

-May 11th 621 days since the start.

-These past few days we have been getting ready to attack the sanctuary. The blacksmiths at Hilltop have been really busy making shields for cars so we can be safe in vehicles. Dwight gave us a list where all of Negan's look outs are so we have no problem attacking the sanctuary. Tara, Daryl, Morgan, Carol and some others are helping lead biters to the sanctuary. We wanna trap them so we can take out all of the other savior outposts. Dwight also told us today Negan and the other outpost leaders are all going to be in the sanctuary today having a meeting so we can trap them all. So now me and Maggie and some of the others from hilltop are heading to the clearing where the kingdom soldiers and Alexandrian soldiers are before we all drive up to the sanctuary together.

-With so much going on these last days I have barely been able to hang out with Carl. I feel bad about it. I love him and I hate not seeing him. Also I haven't got my period. I hope I'm not pregnant but it's very possible that I am. I have a test to take in my room at the barrington house but I haven't had the courage to do so. I think it's just best for now for me to just wonder. I know I should just take it, pull the band aid off but I can't. What if I am? What would Carl say about it? Would he be happy? He did say he pictures having a family with me, but does he want that so soon.

-"Whats the matter." Maggie says while we are driving to the clearing.

-I play it off like I'm just scared of the battle.

-"Just jitters." I say.

-"We're just going to be there at the start and then we will head back to the hilltop." Maggie says.

-We get to the clearing and everyone else is there as well.

-We talk to everyone and just get to know one another.

-"Here over your sternum." Jerry says and gives me some armor.

-"No. I'm going back with Maggie after." I say.

-"Dude sternum. Dude." He says and hands it to me.

-Before we head out to the sanctuary Rick, Maggie, and King Ezekiel give a speech.

-"When I first met him Jesus said my world was going to get a whole lot bigger. Well we found that world. We found each other. That bigger world is ours by right. That we've come together for it, all of us it's that much more true it's ours by right. Any person who would live in peace and fairness, who would find common ground it's there right too. But those who use and take and kill to carve out the world and make it there alone we end them. We don't celebrate it. We don't have shame about it either. There's only one person who has to die and I will kill him myself. I will. But if it's the others, the others who prop him up stand by his side, even those who just look the other way so be it. Then we keep making the world bigger. Together." Rick says to all of us.