Chapter 8: Home for now

Chapter 8 | Home for now

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

   Chapter 8 | Home for now

"You know I love you. I've loved you since we were young."-Kayden

--------------------------------------------

-May 21st 277 days since the start of the end of the world.

-We arrive at their camp within 10 minutes of driving.

-Their community is a small school and a huge open field with tents and military vehicles with walls built around it.

-I have counted 40 people that are living in this place so far, most of them are children. 20 kids, 15 armed men and women in military uniforms, and 5 civilians.

-"There's a lot of kids here", Diana says.

-"Yep", a woman says and climbs down the watch post they have at the front gate.

-"When shit went down some parents never bothered to come get their kids they were all left here with Donna", she says and points to the lady watching all the kids in the playground.

-"Holy shit. A man says from behind us. Is that really you Major Reid."

-"My dad turns around Sergeant Grant haven't seen you since 2007 how's it going."

-They talk for a while and we are shown around the camp.

-People's names in the community. Military personal Kyle White, Jenna Moore, Francis Hubbard, Jason Dunn, Kendra Whitter, Anotny Brown, Daniel Nordan, Kylie Casgrade, Jose Hernandez, Xander Dunlap, Hunter Grant, Tyler Morris, Amanda Vertes, Liam Nelson, Paige Johnson, Amara Sanchez. The children Ben, Lucas, Mason, Oliver, Andre, Aiyden, Brandon, Matt, Dominic, Emilia, Maria, Mia, Isabella, Hannah, Sierra, Avery, Sofie, Aniya, Brianna, and Destiny. The others in the camp Donna, Christan, Enid, Wendy, Cassie.

-Enid is my age. She came into this camp a few months ago after watching her parents die right in front of her. She has this saying that I really like JSS(Just Survive Somehow).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-August 26th 365 days/1 year since the start of the end of the world.

-Life has been good these last few months. I have been training with bows and I'm pretty damn good at it. Kayden has started talking to me again. He asked me if I could forget about the fact he kissed me. I told him yes just so things could go back to the way they were.

-Tonight we are going to have a celebration for living 1 year through all this shit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

-August 28th 367 days since the start of the end of the world.

-It's my 14th birthday today. My dad gave me this beautiful bow that he found with some of the others.