Chapter 2: Bites kill?

TW:Sexual assault/Rape

   Chapter 2 | Bites Kill?

"Ava. You've been saying that for years it gets you nowhere cause you know what I'll do to him if you do. Plus with what's going on outside it will be a hell of a lot easier to kill him. Do you understand?"-Cody

-------------------------------------------

-We didn't talk much during dinner time. That's what dad told us to do so the biters wouldn't hear us. My dad called them biters because that's what they do and I decided to call them that as well because it's much easier than calling them things.

-Kayden's mom is slowly going insane I think.

-Emily, Elizabeth and Mariah keep crying.

-And everyone is making sure that Jasmine is okay because she is 3 months pregnant.

-Miranda keeps telling us that this whole thing is going to blow over in a couple of days and we will all be fine.

-Cody is worrying about Hannah.

-Kayden and my dad keep asking me if I'm okay.

-After dinner I go to bring a plate to Hannah.

-"Hannah", I say opening the door to my room. She's not on the bed. "Hannah", I say before something grabs my leg. I dropped the plate on the floor causing it to smash and grab a piece of the broken glass before it bit me and stabbed it in the head. After it was dead I noticed that the biter was Hannah.

-"What happened", my dad says running into my room. He notices the dead Hannah on the floor.

-"Sh---e became one of those things", I say.

-Cody runs in and drops to the floor and starts crying while holding Hannah. That sadness quickly turns into anger over to me. "What the fuck you killed her", he says yelling than slaps me in front of my dad.

-My dad quickly punches him in the face. "She had to Hannah turned into a biter."

-"So bites kill you?" I hear Elizabeth say from the doorway.

-"I guess so", my dad says to her.

-"Cody", my father says "I know you didn't mean to slap Ava, it was just you grieving."

-"I'm sorry", Cody says talking to my father while looking at me coldly.

-We are going to have a burial for Hannah tomorrow so for now they wrapped up her body and left it in my room.

-My dad set up a watch plan so everyone can get some sleep.

-I was supposed to sleep in Emily and Elizabeth's room with them but I told my father I wanted to be alone, so I ended up sleeping in the attic.

-I sat up most of the night just watching out the window there's herds of biters just walking by all night.

-----------------------------

TW: Sexual Assault

-By the time I did get to sleep it wasn't for very long.

-Cody came into my room and was very pissed off.

-"You fucking killed Hannah" is what I was woke up to.

-"Cody, aren't you supposed to be on watch", I say.

-"I don't give a fuck everyone can die for all I care", Cody says. "You have know idea what I'm about to do to you" he says as he grabs my wrist and pins me down on the bed.

-I try to scream so my dad will hear me, but Cody puts his hand over my mouth.

-I remember what the defense trainer that my father made me go to before I turned 12 taught me if I was in this situation and bite Cody's hand. He lets go of my wrist giving me space to push him off and run for the door. I reach the door but Cody locked it when I tried to unlock it Cody grabs my hair.

-"You're not getting away that easily", he says and throws me back on the bed.

-"You don't get to do this to me anymore I'm not little I am going to fight to get you to stop", I say.

--------------------------------------

-"I am going to tell my dad." I say while Cody's getting dressed.

-"Ava" he says "you've been saying that for years it gets you nowhere cause you know what I'll do to him if you do. Plus with what's going on outside it will be a hell of a lot easier to kill him. Do you understand?"

-I shake my head yes.

-"Good now get dressed, your watch is next", Cody says as he walks out.

-I get dressed and head downstairs to do my watch.

-I sit on the chair next to the window and just blankly stare out and watch the biters walk around aimlessly.

-"Hey", I hear someone say quietly to me. I freeze up not wanting to talk to anyone.

-I see that it's Kayden and feel a little bit better. "Hi", I say back.

-"How are you holding up", he says and sits on the floor next to me.

-"Great", I say sarcastically and sit next to him on the floor.

-"How long do you think this thing is going to last?"

-"Hopefully not long", I say.

-"How's your mom and sisters doing?" I say.

-"Well mom keeps praying to god and had me and Mariah write crosses all over papers", he says. He notices a piece of hair in my face and moves it away.

-I finch at the feeling of someone touching me and start crying.

-Kayden holds me while I cry and just keeps telling me it's all going to be okay.

-He thinks I'm crying over the biters and that's not even what i'm crying about.

-I end up falling asleep in his arms and feel truly safe and secure. No one can hurt me when Kaydens around.

Word count 905