Chapter 37: A new beginning

Chapter 37 | A new beginning

Episode 9x1(A new beginning)

"It's fine, only a head injury doesn't mean I can't have fabulous nails."-Ava Reid

----------------------------------------

-March 5th 2014 1285 days since the start

-A lot has happened this past year and a half. Maggie had her baby in fall 2012 she had a healthy baby boy who she named Hershel JR after her late father. And on December 12, 2012 I had Maya. I had her a few weeks before she was due but she ended up okay. She's the sweetest baby I think I have ever met. She might only be a year old but I can already see the kindness in her. I love her and I will never let anything bad happen to her. She has light brown hair and blue eyes. Me and Carl both had blue eyes so it wasn't all that surprising. What surprises me about her is how much of Carl you can see in her. I still miss him and I don't think I'll ever stop. But I have to be strong for Maya. When she gets older I'll tell her all about him.

-Right now I'm sitting in a wagon next to Maggie on a mission to Washington D.C to get supplies for all the communities. We are going to a museum for old wagons, crop plows and anything else we need that was used way back in the day to help bring our future forward.

-"We're good for now sweep protocol when we get in." Michonne says at the door to the museum.

-We go into the museum and it's run down.

-"Y'all got your list circle back when you're done, be safe." Rick says.

-I'm looking around with Rick, Anne(The last surviving scavenger cause Simon killed all her people when they turned on the saviors.), Siddiq, and Father Gabriel when Siddiq gets grabbed and pulled down. We all hear him scream and he crawls away from the biter after killing it faster than the speed of light.

-"You okay?" Rick asks him.

-"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Thanks he says while brushing stuff off of him. There were spiders. I don't like spiders."

-We got to a room where Anne said there would be seeds.

-Rick goes through the filing cabinets in it.

-"You were right Anne." He says when he gets to a full filing cabinet.

-"How'd you know we'd find seeds here." Gabriel says.

-"Brought my class back when I was teaching. Found out they calculated heirloom lines for the gardens and they kept these on hand so they could rotate the crops." Anne says.

-"They made a doomsday vault without knowing it." Gabriel says.

-"We're grateful. The sanctuary will be too. Let's take the lot back and see if others need help." Rick says.