Chapter 28: Alleviate

Chapter 28 | Alleviate

Episode 7x14(The Other Side)

"I'm so sorry Ava. No one should ever have to go through that."-Maggie Rhee

---------------------------------

-April 25th 605 days since the start of the end of the world.

-Me, Aaron, Rosita, and Tara set off on the journey to my old community.

-I am shaking from being nervous and it's very obvious.

-"Are you okay?" Tara asks me, noticing me shaking.

-"I'm fine, just nervous I guess."

-"This better not be a waste of time." Rosita says, convinced that there won't be anything at my old community.

-"I hope so too." I say.

-"So you don't know if there's still anything here. This could all be pointless." Rosita says.

-"I told Rick it might be a long shot."

-"Great, just great." Rosita says.

-We drive in silence for a bit and then we drive past the old auto body shop. I know this area like the back of my hand.

-"Why don't we search some of the buildings before we go to your old camp." Aaron says and turns off the car.

-"Trust me Aaron I was here by myself for a few weeks. Anything that could be found would have been found by me."

-"You sure." Tara says.

-"Positive." I say to Tara.

-"Alright." Aaron says and turns the car back on and turns on the familiar road to my old camp.

-We get to the wall and it's still intact, as best as it could be from my dad fixing it after the W people ran into it.

-I climb the military truck to get in and the others follow behind me.

-I get over and look at the charred remains of the school. The tents are all still in the field. My father never had it in him to take them down. Over a dozen graves we made for the people who died with makeshift crosses popping out of the ground.

-"What the hell happened here?" Rosita asks.

-"People happened. More specifically the people with the W's on their forehead." I say.

-"There were children here, none of them made it." I say.

-"The building we kept the weapons in is over here." I say and lead them to the storage building that luckily survived the fire.

-"There's nothing in here." Rosita says. "Just like I thought it would be. Empty."

-"Not quite." I say and start lifting a few of the loose floor boards and take out 10 guns. I go to one of the closets and pull back the fake wall and reveal ammo and other explosives.