Chapter 28: Something they need

Chapter 28 | Something they need

Episode 7x15(Something they need)

"Do you ever think about the people that you've killed?"-Ava Reid

--------------------------------

-April 29th 609 days since the start of the end of the world.

-Tara told us more about Oceanside they were a group that once tried to fight the saviors. The saviors retaliated and killed all of their men. One day everyone from the group just left and made a new community. Tara told us that they usually kill everyone they see on sight. There leader a older women named Natania does it for precaution. Tara was spared by Natania granddaughter Cydnie.

-We are in the woods near oceanside. I don't know if I'm going to have to kill anyone while we are doing this. Now I have killed 6 people so far but everyone of them have deserved it. If I have to kill any of the people from Oceanside it will just feel wrong. All they are trying to do is protect themselves and can't blame them for defending themselves.

-"Do you ever think about the people that you've killed?" I ask Carl

-"Yeah." is all he says.

-------------------------------

-We set off in groups to round up the oceanside residents. Tara is going in to see if she can get them on our side. But if she can't we have to use force.

-The time goes up for Tara and we start with the explosives to draw the people out.

-A group of people run right into us.

-"Everybody down." Francine yells to them.

-"Hands on your heads." Tobin says.

-"Everybody stay calm, we don't want anyone to get hurt." Scott says.

-"Stay down and do what we say." Carl says.

-"We want to do this as simply and peacefully as possible. All of you can make it that way." I say.

-Jesus, Daryl, and Rick walk our way with two more people.

-"Sit down." Daryl tells the two women.

-"We made a lot of noise. We wanna wrap this up quick so you can send people to redirect anything coming this way. Tara says your forest is relatively clear, but we won't take any chances. No one needs to get hurt. This is just about what you have. What we need." Rick says to the oceanside people.

-"Nobody's taking anything." An older woman says, walking over with a gun to Tara's head.

-"You need to let everyone go and leave right now. Walk away or this one dies." The woman says.

-"We'll leave you alone, but we're taking your weapons with us. That's not gonna change. It's Natania right. Put the gun down. Let's talk about what we can change." Rick says