Chapter 13: Alone

Chapter 13 | Alone

Chapter 13 | Alone

"You should be dead, not me. You're the reason they're all dead, it's all your fault"-Miranda

-----------------------------------

-January 5th 495 days since the start of the end of the world

-Emily and Jasmine never made it back with Madison and my father still hasn't shown up yet either. Today I am going out to search for all of them. I'm tired of being alone with my own thoughts. It's okay Ava. Just survive somehow and everything will be okay. I need to hear someone's voice other than my own.

-------------------------------

-January 25th 515 days since the start of the end of the world.

-I don't understand how I haven't found them yet. I have searched the whole area and there's no sign of them anywhere.

-I'm worried as well because I haven't gotten my period yet. I hope it's because of stress and not the other thing because I don't. Never mind that Ava don't think about it, it will just make you upset. "It will be okay." I say out loud. Just survive somehow.

----------------------------

-January 30th 520 days since the start of the end of the world

-I did end up getting my period thank god for that at least. Having your period while being out here like this is annoying though let me tell you. I also have to find a bra soon as well because the one I am wearing is becoming too small to fit me.

-I found a notebook and I have been writing down everything that happened and where I searched already. It makes me feel better about things and being alone. It's okay just survive somehow.

------------------------------------

-February 5th 526 days since the start of the end of the world.

-I haven't found any food lately. This is my third day without anything to eat and there have been no houses to spend nights in, so I have been sleeping in cars, or trees, or covering myself in guts to be unnoticed during the night. Just survive somehow Ava.

---------------------------------

-February 10th 531 days since the start of the end of the world.

-"Shit", I say out loud after I fail to kill a squirrel so I have something to eat.

-"You're pathetic", a voice behind me says.

-"What?" I say and turn around and it's Miranda.

-"You're a sorry excuse for a human. I'm dead because of you and you can't even kill a squirrel", Miranda says.

-"Fuck you", I say.

-"You should be dead, not me. You're the reason they're all dead, it's all your fault", Miranda yells at me.

-"Shut up!" I yell and fire an arrow at her and she disappears. Then I hear the sound of biters coming due to my yelling

------------------------------

-February 14th 535 days since the start of the end of the world.

-Why am I even trying anymore? They're all dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. Why am I not dead? Why am I still here? I don't deserve to be. Should I just end it all? Is this my punishment for not doing enough? Could I have done more? Just survive somehow.

Word count 469