Chapter 26: Go Getters

Chapter 26 | Go Getters

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Chapter 26 | Go Getters

Episode 7x5(Go Getters)

"I just don't get it. If there was a higher being like God why would he make horrible things happen to people?"-Ava Reid

------------------------------

-April 22nd 602 days since the start of the end of the world.

-I wake up early in the morning and get all my stuff ready to head out. Before I go out I go to the church.

-I walk in and it's empty. It's early so it's not that surprising.

-I sit in one of the seats and all I can think about is when me and Glenn were searching for anything to help Maggie. I can't believe it's only been a month since then. It seems like it was so long ago, so much has happened since then.

-Hey God don't think I have ever tried to speak to you but I just want to know if everything is going to be okay from here on out.

-After a few moments of just sitting there I come to my senses. What the hell are you doing Ava if there was a god the things that have happened wouldn't have happened.

-I go to leave the church and Father Gabriel walks in.

-"Ava would you like to talk about anything?" He asks.

-"No I was just leaving. I realized it was kinda pointless." I say.

-"What's pointless?" He asks.

-"I just don't get it. If there was a higher being like God why would he make horrible things happen to people?" I say to him.

-"I believe God does it to make us stronger and able to handle things on our own." Father Gabriel says.

-I think about that for a second it doesn't make complete sense but it makes a little sense.

-"Thank you Father." I say and walk out.

-"Just remember I am here if you need to talk to anyone." He says.

-I grab all my stuff and go to climb over the wall of Alexandria hoping no one sees me.

-"Ava." I hear Carl say behind me when I start getting the poles in the wall to climb over.

-"I need to see Maggie."

-"You're walking to the hilltop. It's far." He says while I start climbing the wall.

-"I'll be fine." I say.

-"Maybe." He says.

-"I'll be fine." I say louder this time. "I have better aim than you."

-I notice Carl looks upset after that last comment. That was a messed up thing for me to say I know Carl is self conscious about his missing eye.

-"I didn't mean it that way." I say.