Chapter 1: The End of the World

Chapter 1 | The End of the World

"It was the hubris of each generation to think this anew, to think that their time was special, that all things would come to an end with them."- Hugh Howley

---------------------------------------

-I was born on August 28th 1997 in Boston to my father Thomas Reid and mother Jessica Reid. My mother died three weeks after I was born in a car accident. My father was devastated after it happened from what I learned from my grandma. He spent weeks out of work just taking care of me and didn't go outside except to get formula for me and food for him. My father worked in the Army and was high ranking. Major was his ranking I believe when I was born. It was a perfect time for me to be born because my father was home and not deployed. I spent the first three and a half years of my life with my grandmother when my dad was deployed. He came home for a month three times in those years.

-Then my father was stationed at a military base near home when I was four.

-During the time that he was home he married Miranda. Miranda had three kids Cody 9, Emily and Elizabeth 4. It was a good thing that I had a mother figure and someone to take care of me when my father was gone because my grandma a few weeks before the wedding had a stroke and wouldn't be able to look after me anymore. Miranda divorced the girl's father a week before she met my dad and got full custody of them and painted him to be some crazy man. Cody wasn't her ex's but he adopted him a year after the girls were born. Elizabeth and Emily are two months older than me.

-My father and Miranda were together before my dad met my mom. My mom is the reason they broke up. So that would be the reason for my childhood hell.

-Miranda never liked me I could breath the wrong way and she would find a reason to beat me for it. Where was my dad at this time? My dad was always deployed he was rarely ever home and when he was Miranda pretended to be the picture perfect mother to me. I never said anything to my dad because he loved Miranda I didn't wanna rustle any feathers. Elizabeth and Emily my two bitchy twin step sisters ever see Cinderella? They were just like I even had to sleep in the attic to a pleas them the only difference being they weren't ugly. And then theres Cody my step brother he worse then all of them.

-I was a gifted child in school I skipped a couple of grades due to it. Then I was put in a private boarding school for high school.

-------------------------

-August 19th 2010

-My father was sent home from deployment unexpectedly and he wouldn't talk about why he was.

-It was a week and a half away from my 13th birthday and my father was buying a bunch of canned food

-August 22nd 2010 my father bought this huge portable generator and hooked it up to the house. He started buying jugs of gas to put in it as well.