Chapter 46: Kira

CHAPTER 46

KIRA KATZ

Jake looks at both Nadia and I with a raised eyebrow. "Who are Selene and Mason anyway? Nadia has mentioned them a few times."

Nadia swats the air. "Selene and Mason are the owners of this castle. They are Ariana's parents. Selene is the twin to Kenzi, and the aunt to Michelle and Eskenazi. Thus, Michelle and Eskenazi are sisters and cousins to Ariana."

"Who is Ariana?" he asks.

"One of my closest friends," Nadia responds.

Jake nods to himself, reclining back into the cushions. "What are they?"

Nadia shifts her weight and crosses one leg over the other. "Mason is similar to the rest of his family, but he is also a vampire. He knew Selene prior to his vampirism. He was turned in 533AD at the age of thirty-three."

Nadia continues as she shrugs. "Now, regarding Selene, Kenzi, Ariana, Michelle, Mason, and Eskenazi; no one really knows what they are."

Jake furrows his brows. "What do you mean, 'no one really knows what they are'?"

Smiling, I explain for the group. "They are able to have numerous powers and even gain more over time." I look over to Nadia, "Would you consider them the most powerful here?"

Nadia nods quickly. "Definitely. They even have many abilities quite a few castle members have."

Cara shakes her head and leans back, holding up her hands. "I wouldn't want to make any of them mad."

Jake looks at Nadia and then back to me. "So, they don't have a title?"

"What do you mean by title?" Cara asks, narrowing her eyes.

"You know a supernatural title." Jake motions between Cara and him, "For example, you are a jag and I'm a jag-cheetah." He points to me, "you're a cheetah," and then he points to Nadia, "and you're a...what are you exactly?"

She shrugs with a slight frown. "I'm sort of like Selene and Mason's family. I can shift into any form of feline, where Cara can only turn into jaguars and Kira can only turn into a cheetah." She pauses, "remember earlier? I pretty much refer to myself as a were-feline."

His eyes light up. "I can't wait to see that!"

"Remember, I'll show you later." Nadia leans in and kisses him.

After they kiss, I clap my hands to get their attention. "Okay, back to the topic at hand. Jake, you were talking about a supernatural title. You stated that each of us is something. Basically, we are all some form of were-feline. Is that what you are talking about?"

He removes his arm from around Nadia, leans forward on the couch, and places his forearms on his thighs, clasping his hands. "Yes, so that is what our titles are. What are the titles of their family?"

I look to both Cara and Nadia and we all shrug. I look back to Jake, "I really don't know. We sometimes refer to them as Omnis."

"Om-niece?"

I nod, "Omnis means 'all' in Latin."

"Why all?"

"All, because they seem to have all the powers around here. I don't know. We just usually call them by their names and seem not to classify them as anything besides who they are, what their jobs are, and the castle owners."

"So, they have tons of powers and abilities?" he clarifies.

"Yes, it will take a while to talk about each one. You will just have to wait and see what they use," I explain.