Chapter 12: Selene, Trespasser, Risi, Selene

CHAPTER 12

SELENE

Now that everything is safe and sound, we can rest and enjoy the day to come. After we all showered and changed clothes, we got ready for bed. Since the only ones in the castle right now who eat and sleep are Nadia, Sasha, and I, we will eat then sleep while Nesaia and Lady Heather float about the castle.

After everything was over, Sasha fetched Lady Heather to let her know that it was safe to come out even though nothing harmful could really happen to Lady Heather. I must say, everyone who now knows about Lady Heather is shocked to learn she has been at Donovan Castle for centuries.

Speaking of Lady Heather, I decide to pour over her diary for any clues before handing it back over to her, the proper owner. I come up with nothing so I hand it over and thank her for letting me read it. 

At first, she was shocked and upset that I read her diary, but quickly forgave me for doing so since I didn't know she was still around.

It is now 1:50am. I walk through the cobble stone entry way and into the Italian styled, chef sized kitchen to the right of the foyer and take down a skillet from the hanging rack.

 I walk through the cobble stone entry way and into the Italian styled, chef sized kitchen to the right of the foyer and take down a skillet from the hanging rack

I make braised chicken with noodles and vegetables

I make braised chicken with noodles and vegetables. I know it is late, but we haven't eaten all day. We certainly used our energy's worth. Instead of using one of the large, long dining tables with ornate chairs in the dining room, I opt for using the long marble bar attached to the kitchen under chandeliered lighting.

I carry the skillet over the marble countertop and place it on a hot pad. I walk into the darkened dining room, through heavy curtains tied to each side of the doorframe, and flip on the chandeliers hanging above the long tables.

I make my way across the red patterned carpeting. I reach the China cabinets and long hutches containing silverware and napkins at the far end of the room. I approach one of the other cabinets and take out three sets of cups and plates. 

As I leave the dining room, I flip off the lights and take the napkins, plates, cups, and silverware back to the kitchen and set them on the marble countertop near the skillet. "Come eat!" I would usually set a boat load of dishes at the long wooden tables in the dining room, but it's one of those rare occurrences where the castle is nearly empty.