Chapter 3: Sasha

CHAPTER 3

SASHA FISCHER – GILLIS

*Early afternoon

*In this: Sasha, Selene, Nesaia.

I make sure the gates are locked so the other men cannot get in and that the cellar is locked so the man cannot get out. I dark back to the castle where I see Selene dashing toward the front entrance. She holds open the large wooden doors with intricate iron designs, hinges, and rivets. 

Where's Nesaia? I see her floating behind Selene less than a minute later

Where's Nesaia? I see her floating behind Selene less than a minute later. I hurry to keep up with them. "Guys, wait up, I'm coming! Don't close the front doors!"

"Come on!" Nesaia is waving me forward, trying to hurry me down the stone pathway.

I am pushing as fast as my legs will carry me. "Why do we have to have such a long driveway?"

"I don't know! It came with the castle! Just come on!" Nesaia says urgently.

I finally make it through the large doors. Out of breath, I fall to my knees as they close behind me.

Once I regain my strength, we discuss what happened and that someone is after a treasure Selene and Mason apparently bought with the house, but was not aware of.

I look up at them and say as I stand, "There is a whole section of books I found in the castle library on the second floor. They are books about the castle and its heritage. We can check there!"

Deciding to go check it out, we enter the main floor of the library. The library is an old rustic color with an antique feel consisting of dark wood and dark red wallpaper. Books line all four walls from floor-to-ceiling. The enormous amounts of books are a variety of colors and sizes and dates.

There are two ornately carved wooden spiral staircases that join the library levels in the corners of the rooms. Both take you up to the second-floor library which contain very important books and documents about the castle's heritage and all of the supernatural beings around the world's lineage.

My aquatic apartment lies beneath the dungeon.

We head over to a polished, wooden, spiral staircase that will take us up to the second floor.