Chapter 15: Lapis & Selene

CHAPTER 15

LAPIS

Nadia struts over to the white and gold vanity and sits on the rose stool

Nadia struts over to the white and gold vanity and sits on the rose stool. "May I have an up-doo ponytail?" she looks up and back at me with a curious smile as I'm standing behind her and facing the mirror.

"Sure thing, Hun!" I say, absentmindedly, combing my hands through her soft hair. "Do you want your high pony to be wavy or hang down straight?"  

"Wavy please!" she says with a cat-like grin as she runs her hands over her thighs.

"Sure thing!" Walking over to the dresser in the middle of the room, I grab a pearlescent pink, antique oval hairbrush. I love how the brush has mini pearls on the sides and rose buds on the back with leaves and white decal.

Approaching Nadia, I grab her hair in my hands. The lighting of the room shows the shine of her very thick and smooth hair.

I start brushing her hair at the ends then move up to the scalp and turn her around to face me. I motion upwards. "Stand up and bend over to fling your hair toward the ground."

I maneuver around to face the top of her head after she bends over. I pull the brush through her hair into a semi-tight ponytail atop of her head toward the back of her skull. "Okay you can sit back down."

We walk back over to the chair as she reclaims the chair. Standing behind her, I plug the curling iron in, heating it up.

While the iron heats, I glance at her dreamy smile through the mirror. "What's got you looking so happy? It's like you're daydreaming."

Her whimsy smile falters for a moment before she shrugs. "Look at you, always the observant one."

"What can I say? It's a part of my job. I listen to people and notice body language. Just like cops and bartenders and medical staff. We beauticians have to pay attention. So, what is it?"

She plays with her hair as she replies. "Well, I have a date after this."

"Seems you're looking forward to it."