Elijah and the others are searching for him yet here he is, in my classroom, with me...alone. The very thing he didn't want me—to be alone with the twins.

"Killian," I took the initiative to start a conversation out of fear that he would light my classroom ablaze.

"Hm?" he hummed a reply as he continued to ignite the flame almost..compulsively.

"Did you..set my house on fire?" I confronted him because if he had enough courage to do it then he should be able to tell me upfront.

"Did I?" he mockingly repeated. He flicked the metal lid back onto the bic and then he reached into his back pocket.

There were natural veins visible in his inky skin as his tongue darted out, flicking against the top row of his pearly whites. I inhaled a soft gasp at the action and he slowly retracted his hand with a taunting grin.

"Calm down, Hideki. It's only," he raised his hand with a cellular device in it. "your phone. I would refrain from creating a scene sweetheart."

Sweetheart?

"Killian, why do you have my phone? How do you have my phone?" I asked. Did Keenan give it to him? That's impossible. Unless...

At my question, he placed the device on the desk, removing his feet that were propped up. He sat upright, shoulders squared as he slowly spun my phone with his long, slender fingers.

His silvery eyes remained on my face, taunting me in every way possible. He knew he had the upper hand. He knew he was capable of overpowering me at any moment yet he sat there, in silence, staring at me.

"You're cheating on us, little bitch," he murmured and his eyes darkened. "When I claim someone as mine, I mean it."

"What?" my voice cracked below a whisper. I had no idea what he was talking about as he lifted my phone and scrolled down my call log with his branded thumb.

"Anrai has called us five times within the last hour," he says, eyeing the phone. The brightness emanating off his skin.

I went to stand.

"Sit the fuck down, Hideki!" he growled as his hand collided with the surface of the desk and I swear I saw it crack.

I sat back down, resting my trembling fingers on my thighs. He pinched the bridge of his temple as he sighed, "Cazzo.." until he was calm again. "I need you to be honest with me." ❥︎Translation: fuck..

"A-about what?" I stammered as my eyes started to swell with tears but I didn't allow them to fall. My breath hitched in my throat once I saw the fresh blood on his bruised knuckles. Who was he beating?

"Who is Anrai?" he asked me and I didn't know if I needed to lie or tell the truth. Would he hurt Anrai?

"I would suggest you answer me in a timely manner or I'm just going to assume the worst case. A pessimist like myself doesn't have time to wonder," he advised and I fiddled with the material of my pants.

"A-A friend." Why did I feel the need to lie to my student? Was it the way he was looking at me like a predator would its prey? Is it the fact that I was unaware of what he was capable of?