Dinner Above The Bay

Start from the beginning

Pulling out of the driveway in Taylors car, we were finally on our way. Taylor insisted on driving... Well just because. I didn't really bother arguing, since I really wanted to ride in it. Let alone dreamed of driving it. Which I almost died before even buckling my seatbelt. Wow, I'm going off topic with my crazy car fantasies.

Khop was on the radio at first, but I quickly changed it to a 90's station. Taylor smiled at me from the corner of my eye as one of Justin Timberlake's famous hits boomed through the speakers.

Once exiting the Bay Bridge about a half hour into our drive, we arrived in the middle of the towering buildings and lights. Taylor seemed pretty comfortable driving, like knowing where he was actually heading to. I wondered if he had ever been to San Francisco. I've been there loads of times, mostly with my mom if we ever visited one of my brothers who used to live here. Also seeing the San Francisco Ballet perform and shopping for dance stuff. I also saw Wicked the musical here, and loved it a bunch. He might have done some research before... Most likely.

"So where we going to eat?" I wondered, taking out my lip gloss and swiping a little more across my lips.

"Hmm, you'll see." he smiled.

Gosh, Taylor and his surprises. How much I loved them...

"What were you saying about a sneak peek earlier?" he brought that back up, with a slight curiosity to his tone.

I laughed quietly to myself, running my hands through my ponytail. "Well.. Just a little something we might do at your place." I looked over at him from beneath my lashes. He had one hand on the wheel, with the other on the stick shift. Let me say, he looks very sexy the way he drives.

His expression turned almost excited... I think.

"You have your own place, right?"

He nodded, "Oh yeah. We'll have the whole house to ourselves."

"H-house?"

He sped up, passing a slow BMW and continuing down the highway. "Yes, I have a house." he chuckled. "In Malibu. Bought it about a year ago."

"Oh goody.." I muttered with a grin.

Though he seemed to catch my comment. "What do you have planned, little miss.." I saw a small smile grow on his face.

"Nothing.." I said innocently. "Should be fun.." I giggled.

"Everything with you is always fun." he noted.

"Right..." I sighed, looking out the window.

We were now deep within the city, and just pulling up in front of a huge restaurant that was right in front of the bay. Taylor opened his door, climbing out and walking around to my side. Though a gentleman opened up my door and helped me out, welcoming me to San Francisco and the restaurant. Taylor gave him the keys to the speedy car and slipped the valet a 20. How sneaky, I thought playfully. He then jumped into the car and sped off, finding a safe place to park the car.

Taylor then wrapped his arm around my waist protectively as we heard a couple squeals and screams coming from girls and women around us. We ran into the busy restaurant and met up with the hostess, who gladly walked us to our table quickly, knowing that we didn't really want to be waiting for much longer.

She gave me a couple smiles, though they were friendly. As if she was saying, you guys are cute, good luck to the both of you. Or maybe I was just blind and she was really smiling flirtatiously at Taylor. Nahh. I wasn't positive.

But once we walked up a flight of stairs and onto a private balcony, where our candlelight table for two was sat, I knew this first date was going to be the best night of my life. Yes, first official date at the most. We've never really gone out whatsoever. Just because of the media and the fans. We both agreed that we'd take it slow with that and would eventually make our way up there to finally announcing to the public that we were dating.

We sat down and she gave us the menus, though I only laid mine in my lap. The breathtaking sunset upon the San Francisco Bay had captured my gaze. With the Golden Gate just in sight, I couldn't think how perfect this was. Also being a photographers dream shot I might add.

Once alone, I gasped, still observing our view. "Taylor.. This is just.. wow." I shook my head, turning back to him.

"You like it?" he whispered.

"No, I love it. Thank you." I smiled gratefully. "How could you afford.."

"Don't worry about it," he stopped me. "and remember, I'm.."

"An actor and you get paid at least a million bucks a year, I know." I laughed.

"Well I wasn't going to put it that way, but exactly." he chuckled.

I leaned forward across the small table, laying my palm on his cheek as we kissed deeply with the sunset behind us.