44 ~ love

CHIMA’S POV

CHIMA’S POV

Having her in my arms, I never wanted to let go. Even with a bandage on her head, she still looked beautiful. Made me wonder why anyone would want to hurt her.

Her ex-boyfriend, Eric, was arrested and as expected the police arrived to ask questions. I asked that they waited till tomorrow before questioning her. The last thing I wanted was for her to get stressed answering questions.

I still didn’t understand what Eric wanted with her. Take her away forever? No matter how much I thought about it, I couldn’t come up with any reasonable answer.

Chidinma stirred and I looked down at her. I could see her lashes moving as she opened her eyes and blinked repeatedly.

She lifted her head, her chin resting on my chest. “Hey.”

I smiled. “Hey.” I pushed her hair out of her face. “The doctors say we can leave when you wake up. How are you feeling?”

“My head still feels horrible but I feel better.” She answered. “Just a few more minutes and we can leave.” She sighed and placed her head back on my chest.

I stroked her hair for a few more minutes while she gathered herself. She finally sat up.

“Now we can leave.”

I nodded and got up. “Let me get the nurse to check on you for the last time.”

She chuckled. “Chima, I’m fine. You’re acting like I got into an accident.”

“You were hit in the head with the butt of a gun, you have a concussion.” I stated, hoping she’d understand that her health was my priority

“I pray I never get into an accident.” She shook her head and moved to the edge of the bed. I wanted to help her but she wouldn’t let me, the raise of her hand stopped me. “You actually got me a private room.” She shook her head again.

“I know how much privacy is important to you.” I informed.

She lifted a brow, telling me that she knew I was lying. I sighed in defeat. “Fine, I’ll tell you when we leave this place. Come on, let’s go.”

I helped her stand up from the bed after which she pushed me away.

“I can walk Chima,” She laughed, shaking her head again. And she proved to me that she could walk but she held her head while at it.

I walked behind her, alert and ready to hold her if anything happened. We met the nurse who attended to her earlier and she led us to check out. I stood at the back and only stepped forward when Chidinma called me.

“Shall we?” She held my hand “Thank you.” She said to the nurse.

I sent a nod to the nurse in appreciation and walked hand in hand with Chididnma. She was quiet all the way back to the hotel and I didn’t disturb the silence. I was going to wait tills he was comfortable to bring up the topic of what happened.