15 ~ cake

When Mrs

When Mrs. Udo told Irvin to get dessert and asked if I could give him a helping hand, it didn’t faze me. I got up with a small smile on my face and joined him in the kitchen.

“That was expected.” Irvin said when I stepped into the kitchen after him.

“Yep,” I said, holding the fridge door open for him. I gasped when I saw the cake he took out.

“I’m surprised your mum let you do this.” I said, not taking my eyes off the cake.

He shrugged. “I do a lot of baking in this house, of course she trusts me.” He first set the cake on the counter.

My eyes widened. “You bake?”

“Yep.” He nodded.

“So you can sing, dance, bake and I’m guessing you cook too?” I couldn’t hide the surprise in my voice.

He nodded in response.

One again, I found myself in awe of this man. How could someone be so fine and well versed in certain things all together? What a wonderful combination.

“Makes me wonder what else you can do.” I blurted out without thinking twice about it.

“Come on a date with me and you’ll find out.” He said, turning to me.

I didn’t realize how close we were until then. My breath hitched in my throat and I slowly looked up at his eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat, willing myself to look away.

“They’re waiting for us,” he did what I couldn’t, looked away and took the cake with him out of the kitchen.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, but the image of the smirk on his lips didn’t leave my head. He knew what he was doing.

I took the knife for the cake and left the kitchen.

“Thank you once again for coming on such short notice

“Thank you once again for coming on such short notice.” Mrs. Udo said as we all filed out of the house.

Dinner was delicious and I was stuffed. All I felt like doing was crawling under the covers of my bed and dozing off. But I had to exercise patience.