43 ~ hospital

CHIMA’S POV

CHIMA’S POV

As Chididnma fell unconscious in my arms, Mr. Black hit the man that I could only assume was Eric with the fire extinguisher and he fell to the ground, unconscious.

“Are you okay?” Mr. Black rushed to my side.

I touched Chididnma’s face and noticed that a bruise was already forming by the side of her head where she’d been hit.

“I am, we should get her to the hospital.” I picked her up bridal style. “If you don’t mind, I want to borrow your car.”

“Please, go ahead. I’ll stay here to make sure that psychopath is arrested and I’ll come meet you at the hospital.” He nodded, urging me to move.

“Thank you.”

I placed Chidinma on my laps on the drive to the hospital which was about five minutes. I kept praying that she didn’t have any serious injuries.

I walked into the hospital with her in my arms and she was quickly attended to. I was told to stop following them at some point.

“Please I have to make sure she’s okay.” I pleaded, hoping they could at least keep me at a viewing distance from her.

“Why don’t I have someone check on you too, you look like you were hit pretty badly too.” The nurse said with a soft smile. “Nurse Brea, please come attend to this patient.” She waited till I had a nurse with me before she walked away.

“This way sir.” Nurse Brea said, leading the way.

I reluctantly followed her into a room where she did an examination. She asked me to tell her the places I was hit and when I winced she would nod or hum. I could hardly stay focused because my mind was on Chidinma and making sure that she was okay.

“She’ll be alright.” The nurse said, trying to assure me.

I didn’t respond, not wanting to talk to anyone.

“Sorry to pry but I want to believe that you weren’t the one who beat her up that badly.” The nurse started.

I looked into the nurse’s eyes. “I would never hit a woman.”

She nodded. “Okay. I’ll be right back.”

She came back moments after and began cleaning up the injuries I had. I stayed silent all through and when she was finally done, she gave me a few instructions on after care and said she’ll get me a prescription for the pain.

She left the room first and when I breathed in, I felt the pain in my stomach from where Eric had punched me. He sure knew how to throw a punch but I was sure he looked no better than me. Now that I was down from my adrenaline rush, I could gradually feel the pain in certain parts of my body.

I waited for a few more moments before walking out of the room. I easily found Chidinma and the doctor who explained her current state.

The trauma to the head was quite intense, she had to get a few stitches on the side of her head. She also had a few scrapes and bruises here and there. However there was no escaping this without a concussion. I asked that she be moved to a private room.