14 ~ igbo

Emily's POV

Emily's POV

I didn’t know if should run for the hills or stay put and let Irvin throw me off my feet and into his arms. I could see the determination on his face and in the sound of his voice.

“But that doesn’t mean I’m going to let you slip from my fingers just like that. If it means me being your distraction, then so be it. I’m never letting you go, Emily.”

Those words would forever be imbedded in my brain. He was coming for me and he wasn’t going to be nice about it. I would have nowhere to run to because I would want him the same way. It was only a matter of time before I was his and him mine. I had the option of just caving in and stop playing hard to get but I wouldn’t lie, this cat and mouse game was fun and I wanted it to drag on for a little longer.

When we finally returned at his parent’s house, he didn’t allow me take any of the drinks in the house. He had to ask his sister Delilah to escort me back into the house.

“Come with me,” she told me and led the way up the stairs.

I followed her into a room that I guessed was hers. She walked into the bathroom and soon walked back out with a white towel.

“Here you go. If you wish to change, let me know, I think we wear the same size, there should be something in here to fit you.” She offered the towel to me.

I looked down at my semi-dry clothes and the towel in my hand. “Its fine, this should do.” I smiled at her and began to use the towel.

“Do you want to use a hair dryer for your hair, so you won’t get cold?” She asked.

I touched my hair and it was drenched, a hand dryer would do me a lot of good. “That would be nice.” I accepted her offer.

I followed her into the bathroom and waited for her to plug in the dryer. When plugged it in, she handed it to me and left the bathroom. Seconds after she stepped back in this time with a detangling brush in hand.

“It’s new,” she informed setting it on the counter.

The tag was still attached to it, confirming her words. I gave her a grateful smile and went back to drying my hair.

“I’m sorry if I’m forward or anything, but Irvin really likes you.” She said.

I turned to her, not knowing what to say.

“I know you may not believe me, after all we only met today and you’ve known Irvin for like five days or so but I know my brother and it’s written on his face just how much he cares about you. It’s like he’s known you for longer than this.” She said with a sigh.

“I’m not ready for a relationship.” I admitted.

“I understand. Just give him a chance at least. Getting to know him can be a start.” She shrugged, giving me an innocent smile.