7 ~ bulge

Irvin’s POV

Irvin’s POV

When I lost sight of her head, I looked down at my feet and released a breath. I could feel the slowly growing bulge in my pants and I only prayed that when Emily and I danced, she couldn’t feel it, especially when I pressed her closer to me.

I hightailed it out of there, rushing to my room upstairs. I stepped into my bathroom, switched on the lights and stared at myself in the mirror while taking in deep breaths. It was hard to believe that one woman had this much power over me and all we did was dance and talk.

As we danced and spoke, I made the mistake of staring down at her plump lips and that was when I lost it. I could imagine kissing her, my hands exploring more than just her waist. That was enough to turn me on.

I released a breath, my gaze dropping to the sink. All night long, she had been on my mind. That was why I kept going back to her. Apart from the fact that she was clearly bored sitting all alone or being forced to talk to the guests, I couldn’t stop myself from going back to her and seeking her company or hearing the sound of her voice.

When we danced for the second time, I was able to take a closer look at the skin of her left shoulder and that only convinced me that she was the mystery woman I danced with two years ago. Once again, she made sinful thoughts roam my head.

I turned on the faucet and silently washed my hands. When I was done with my hands, I splashed water on my face and wiped it dry with my towel.

I walked into my closet and turned on the light. After a few seconds of letting my eyes adjust to the light, I walked with purpose toward the left end of the room and shifted the clothes in the hanger to the side. There at the base of the wardrobe was the small velvet box.

I picked it up and opened it to reveal the silver necklace with the music pendant. It was the exact replica of the necklace she wore tonight, or maybe the one she wore was the exact replica.

“Irvin!” I heard my sister’s voice, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I placed the velvet box back in its place stepped out of closet to find Riley at the mouth of my room but what shocked me was her slightly rounded belly. Last we spoke, she wasn’t married and she hadn’t even mentioned that she was pregnant.

“Riley?” I couldn’t help myself from looking down at her stomach and up at her face.

“Hey.” Her hands went to her stomach, moving up and down.

“You’re pregnant.” I stated the obvious.

Her smile dropped, fear and uncertainty taking over her features. “Are you mad at me?”

“I don’t know if I should be mad at you just yet. What happened?”

She lifted her left hand, showing me the ring on her fourth finger. My mouth formed an ‘oh’ shape in surprise. I closed the distance between us, coming to stand directly in front of her.