27 ~ more

With our lips pressed together and moving with a sense of urgency, it felt like they were made just for each other

With our lips pressed together and moving with a sense of urgency, it felt like they were made just for each other. We couldn’t get enough of each other, every second feeling like the next wouldn’t exist. I pulled away from him to catch my breath, it was all too much at once. My head was spinning and my legs could barely keep me up.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against his chest. I placed my hands on his chest, grateful for the support.

“For two years, I’d dreamed of that,” he whispered, inching his lips closer to mine.

I pressed my lips to his, at a complete loss for words at his confession. I’d thought of him for those two years too but I never actually believed that we would meet again, talk less of actually kissing him. Every imagination about him did no justice to that moment.

“Keys,” he said between kisses.

I used one hand to blindly fish through my purse and once I had my fingers hooked on it, Irvin let go of me. He all but snatched the keys from my grasp and walked ahead of me. I stood there watching him unlock my door and when he crossed the threshold I began my walk to him.

The look in his eyes under the dimly lit lights of my living room made my walking to him seem almost impossible as I felt my legs turn to jelly. I knew what I was walking toward and every inch of my body was ready for it.

He stood in the middle of my living room, looking as sinful as ever. My mouth watered.
“If you don’t want this tell me to stop.” He said, the fire in his eyes burning me even from a distance.

I shook my head, increasing my pace to reach him fast enough. I was inches away from pressing myself into him when his hand on my cheek stopped me.

“Use your words, Chidinma.” His thumb stroked my bottom lip.

“Don’t stop.” I managed to say.

Before I could comprehend anything else, our lips met once again. This time with a fire and passion burning more fiercely. Every touch from him ignited my entire being. I couldn’t get enough of him, I wanted more, so much more.
This fire sizzled down when he abruptly pulled away from me. My body still burned without his touch, his imprint strong on me.

“We need to stop, for now.” His eyes held me down.

“I don’t want to,” I shook my head.

“I want to get to know you more before I actually go inside you.” He said and I knew he would keep to every single word.

What hurt the most was that he was right. I took a step back, wheeling my self-control in place.

“Leave.” I ordered.

“Chidinma-”

“Leave Chima.” Without sparing him a parting glance, I stormed upstairs. I ignored the nagging voice in my head telling me to go back to him and beg, beg him to stay. Even if we weren’t going to go past making out, I just wanted him to stay with me.