10 ~ eat

Unedited

Unedited

Emily’s POV

Irvin Udo was insufferable.

I couldn’t believe I had put up with him so far. He was getting on my every nerve.

After our chats, I stayed up till two am before tucking myself under the covers, of course not before sending the address of the condo that Zeus was being tested to him. Before delving into my world of sleep, I said a prayer to God, wishing that I wouldn’t meet Irvin at the site the next day because I would literally pull my hair out.

The next morning, I wasn’t refreshed because of my lack of sleep and it was something a cup of coffee could fix for me. However, I was running late and didn’t have the time to fix one for myself.

Thanks to the Lagos traffic, I arrived work ten minutes late but apparently, tardiness wasn’t a grave offence to the workers.

“Where is everyone?” I dropped my bag on my assistant’s desk, startling her.

She looked up at me and her eyes widened. Pushing her spectacles further up her nose, she got up from her seat. “Good morning ma.”

“Good morning. I asked a question. Where is everyone? It’s ten minutes past eight.” Tilting my wrist so I was looking at the head of my watch, I checked the time just to be sure I was correct. “Eleven minutes.” I corrected.

She looked around our floor, finding only a total of five persons when they should have been fifteen. She slowly looked back at me, before shifting her gaze to her feet.

“Are they usually this late?” I took a step backward, taking my bag off her table.

Her head shot up, fear in her eyes. “No ma, they’re not. It’s probably the traffic.”

“Traffic? Really?” My tone left no room for arguments. I didn’t know who their previous boss was but I was not him or her. I hated being late and anyone with proper work ethics should hate it too.

With a shake of my head, I walked into my office, dropping my bag on my desk first. There was a stack of papers that wasn’t there yesterday evening and I sighed at the sight of them.

I heard a knock on my door and I turned around to find my assistant standing there.

“Yes?” I urged her to speak.

“Would you like a cup of coffee ma?” She asked, her gaze anywhere but on me.

“Yes please, two sugar, little milk.” I instructed and with a nod of her head she was gone. “Let’s get this show on the road.” I said to myself before taking my seat and getting to work.

” I said to myself before taking my seat and getting to work