16 ~ ice cream

Zeus was perfect and I’d never been more proud of myself

Zeus was perfect and I’d never been more proud of myself. Everything turned out well and even better than I’d thought. I could also see the surprise on Irvin’s face when we did the final test running together. But the excitement and pride I felt at that moment was the exact opposite of what I’d felt hours earlier.

Like the first day I visited the condo, the workers were late and when they finally arrived, there was a major issue with one of the computers. A call to an engineer fixed it and we were back on track. Then we noticed that one of the wires was hanging on a thin thread. That alone took almost an hour to be replaced and when it was finally fixed, I was very close to passing out both from mental and physical exhaustion.

I stepped out for lunch and when I got back, Zeus was ready. I did a test run and was sure it was working before calling Irvin over. All that was left was installation in the new Primer Housing estate and we would call it a deal.

“We should go out to celebrate,” Irvin said to me while turning to look at me.

I lifted my eyes to look at him. “You’re looking for any reason to be with me aren’t you?” I smirked.

He chuckled lightly, “you can’t blame me.”

Before I could stop myself, my cheeks heated up and a grin forced itself on my lips. I looked away, flushed with embarrassment.

“Fine, but on one condition.” I said, my eyes back on him but avoiding his eyes.

He nodded, urging me to speak on.

“I’ll meet you there.” I finally met his eyes and I felt something tug at my chest.

“Deal. I’ll send you the address? Let’s say seven?”

I nodded in agreement. “Seven it is.”

I walked away with only one thought in my mind. What the hell did I just agree to?

A huff of frustration left my lips as I threw the black dress to my bed, discarding it as an option for an outfit tonight

A huff of frustration left my lips as I threw the black dress to my bed, discarding it as an option for an outfit tonight. It was thirty minutes to seven and I was yet to pick a dress or fix my hair or get my makeup done.