6 ~ déjà vu

"You look like you need a dance

"You look like you need a dance." A sense of Déjà vu hit me at the sound of his voice and the memory came back to me. Their voices were so alike.

I turned to face Irvin. "No thank you." I took a sip of my drink.

"Come on, you obviously need it." He leaned into me, his body heat washing over me and the scent of his cologne meeting my nose. "Or else one of the mama's in this room will try to play matchmaker again." His hot breath fanned the tip of my ear, sending a pleasant shiver down my spine.

He was right, two women my dad had introduced me to had asked the infamous line of "do you have a boyfriend?' only this time I lied that I did have one.

I laughed. "One dance." I tried to bargain, downing the rest of my drink.

"I can't promise that." He smirked, offering me his hand.

I dropped my now empty glass on the table behind me and placed my hand in his. As he pulled me with him to the dance floor I couldn't stop thinking about that night two years ago and how everything was so similar.

Could he be the one? I asked myself but shook the thoughts away almost immediately. That would be crazy.

He took my hands and placed them over his neck while his rested on my waist. We swayed from side to side, our bodies moving in sync with the soft music playing in the background.

"I heard you're the only son and the eldest, how is that for you?" I asked, filling up the silence that had fallen between us.

"Tasking. I'm responsible for my two sisters and now the family business. It's hard to keep up sometimes." He said, peering down at me.

Up close I could see the freckles that dotted his nose. They were almost invisible.

"What is the family business?" I found myself blushing in embarrassment. I hadn't asked dad and it felt weird asking him. I should have known beforehand. For someone that hoped to one day take over the business, I was sure starting off at the wrong place.

He smirked. "Real estate development. We own chains of hotels, resorts, housing estates, and the likes."

I nodded. "And how are we business partners?"

He chuckled. "I see your dad is yet to brief you."

I laughed nervously, hoping he wouldn't notice how embarrassed I was. "He's still yet to come to terms with me working for him."

"You're still his little girl in his eyes." He lightly tickled my sides and I found myself genuinely laughing.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Odits Tech supplies our electricity, that is solar and generator, security, and our internet access in all our buildings; our hotels, restaurants, housing estates and offices." He explained. "We've been partners for a solid five years now."