28 ~ text

IRVIN’S POV

IRVIN’S POV

There was nothing that prepared me for the feeling of having her in my arms. Now that I had a taste of that feeling, that feeling of complete joy, I was never letting go of it, I was never letting go of her. Shortly after she walked out of the conference room, I followed suit.

The rest of the day was occupied with work. One meeting after the other, one new work site to stop by and ensure that everything was running smoothly.

By 9pm, I was finally done for the day and heading home. I sent her a text asking her how her day was and apologizing for not checking up on her sooner. I was driving when my phone rang, it was a business partner. I answered the call.

“Mr. Udo, good evening. I hope my timing isn’t bad.” Mr. Black greeted, his British accent more prominent than I remembered it.

“No it’s not, Mr. Black. To what do I owe the pleasure?” I decided to park the car at the side of the road to concentrate better and avoid crashing.

“I’ll be quick.” He cleared his throat. “I have an estate I’m interested in investing in here in London and obviously I cannot do it all on my own. I was wondering if you’d be interested in taking a look at it with me. Also I heard of your new estate project, I’m fascinated with the new technology used, I was also wondering if you’d be able to link me up. I’ve heard good things about the company, Odits Tech and I think it would be great to work with them.”

This was why I enjoyed business with Mr. Black. He always went straight to the point, no beating around the bush.

“I’ll be delighted to work with you, do send me the details. And as for Odits Tech, I’d discuss with them.” I answered, keeping my answer as straight to the point as possible too.

“Perfect. By the way, I’m extending an invitation to you. It’s the company’s 50th year anniversary in two weeks and we’re hosting a ball in celebration. I’d love to have you here.”

“Two weeks,” I hummed, thinking if I had any engagements slated for that time. “I’ll have to check my calendar and get back to you, but I’ll be honored to be there.”

“Please do.” I could hear the satisfaction in his voice. “Have a lovely evening Mr. Udo.”

“Likewise.” I said and he hung up.

I opened Emily’s chat, hoping that she’d have responded already but she hadn’t. I placed my phone in the cup holder and got back to driving. Thanks to the Lagos traffic, I arrived home an hour later than I should have. Dinner was waiting for me as always so I ate, showered and got into bed, forgetting to check my phone for any new messages.