24 ~ smoothie

EMILY'S POV

EMILY'S POV

"I hope you have space for more?" Irvin asked as we stepped out of the restaurant.

"More what?" I asked, fishing my car keys from my purse.

"There's this café I found the other day, they sell the best pastries, smoothies and the likes." He explained.

I stopped walking and so did he. I was about to reject his offer but the look on his face made me change my mind.

"I brought my car, how do we do it?" I gestured toward my car which was just a few feet away from us.

"You can drive behind me. It's actually not so far from here."

"Okay." I smiled, hoping that he was right about the service of the place.

I followed closely behind him and like he'd said, the shop wasn't so far away from the restaurant. It was a small kiosk with a small sitting area which to my surprise was filled with people.

I got down from the car and stood beside Irvin. "That's a lot of people." I stated the obvious.

He nodded. "Yes. Let's go order." He offered his arm, waiting for me to link mine with his.

I looked at the hand he was offering before slowly linking mine with his. I felt sparks where our skins made contact, and it traveled from my arm to the rest of my body. I sucked in a sharp breath, finding the feeling strange and oddly satisfying.

We had to stand in line and while waiting, he told me how he found the place and how he slowly became a regular customer. A business partner asked him to meet there at the beginning stages of them coming to an agreement on the deal. He thought it was odd at first but when he had a sip of the smoothie he ordered, he understood why. The drink helped him relax and actually think properly. That was the day the deal was finalized. According to him, that was one of the best deals he'd ever made in the span of his short career.

"Good evening. What can I get you?" The lady behind the counter asked as we got to the front of the line.

"What would you like?" Irvin asked me, nudging my side.

I looked at their menu board and was confused and lost at the names I saw. I shook my head. "Make a choice for me." I told him.

He chuckled and focused his attention on the server. "Two of your specials please."

She nodded and told the order to someone else who I assumed was going to make it. About two minutes later, Two cups of something peach colored was placed in front of us. Before I could take out my cup, Irvin beat me to it, paying with cash.

"Thank you." He said to the lady, picking both cups and leading the way.

I followed him to one of the tables that was now free.

"What is this?" I asked, examining the content of the cup as if I could magically tell what was inside it from simply looking at it.

"Coconut Water Smoothie with Mango, Banana and Strawberries." He answered, taking a sip of his drink.