32: Accountability

That same day...

4:19 p.m.

m

Omniscient "Daddy can I hold him?" Amari asked, holding out her arms

Omniscient
"Daddy can I hold him?" Amari asked, holding out her arms.

"No I wanna hold him," Tionne said, hopping in front of her with her arms out.

"Daddy tell them I'm first." Adaya said.

Candace stood back watching how all how three girls were fighting over their baby brother. She'd known about Mykell having children but she'd never met them nor did she know their gender. They didn't spend much time getting to know one another. It was only about sex whenever the two linked. The fact that he had all girls should've made him jump for joy that he'd finally had a son. At lease that was what Candace had been thinking the past hour she'd been watching him and the kids bond with baby Jawan.

Mykell had been calling for two weeks trying to get their almost 4 month old son but after he'd referred to him as the "lil muthafucka" Candace didn't trust that he'd do right by him. She didn't trust him not to take his anger towards her having him and "ruining his relationship" out on the baby. She was an overprotective young mom and she refused to let a man who'd made it clear time and time that he didn't want their son hurt him whether that be physically or emotionally.

Part of her feared that Jawan would resent her when he got older though so she put her pride to the side and decided to bring him to meet his siblings. If Mykell thought that she'd just drop him off and leave then he was wrong. She hadn't gotten to the point of trusting him to be alone with him or for the child to spend the night but that was all his fault. He'd picked his girls up from school and met Candace at the park. She couldn't help but notice how nicely dressed they were, how neat their hair was, how polite they were to adults, and how accepting they were of their baby brother who had a different mother. It was clear that somebody had raised these children right and had them spoiled rotten so why the hell couldn't Mykell do the same for his son?

Candace eyed little Adaya who'd started twirling around in her uniform dress. She'd learned that today was regular clothes day at school, but Adaya was the only one who wanted to wear her school dress because it was her favorite. That was new to her. A child loving school clothes? It was wild.