7: Mine (Part 1)

The next day...

Sunday | 11:13 a.m.
September 2, 2012

Akari JeffersStanding outside of the flower shop with a bouquet of flowers in my hand, I went to GiGi's contact and stared at it for what seemed like forever

Akari Jeffers
Standing outside of the flower shop with a bouquet of flowers in my hand, I went to GiGi's contact and stared at it for what seemed like forever. I was nervous which was crazy considering what we'd done last night. How could you be nervous around someone you'd had a sexual encounter with when you'd allowed them to see, touch, and taste the most intimate parts of you?

I had a date with Yasmine tonight yet my brain had been clogged with thoughts of GiGi since the moment I stepped out of bed today. I mean damn I was out buying flowers for her instead of the woman I was having dinner with tonight. What kind of sense did that make?

Sighing, I locked my phone and put it into my pocket deciding not to text her right now. I'd look clingy as hell and some women didn't like that. If I liked a woman enough I could go a bit overboard. I didn't know what space was or how not to buy them something just because they were on my mind or when I was out and saw something I thought they'd like. My nose was wide open if it wasn't already after last night and I hadn't even fucked.

I guess I'd just surprise her with the flowers and pick up something to eat. You could never go wrong with flowers and food with women.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I mumbled to myself. "Just call her. Hell even a text would be good. I wonder if she's even awake. What if she left?"

I must've looked like a crazy person standing here talking to myself. I was known to ramble when I got this nervous and I hadn't been this nervous or scared since hearing that my mom was sick 3 months ago.

"Fuck it. I'll just surprise her." I said as I headed on my way.

However, before I could even get to my car I bumped into the last person I wanted to see

"Kari? Baby is that you? Oooh are those for me?" Celeste attempted to grab the flowers but I moved them out of her grasp as I frowned.

I hadn't seen this wack job in 3 months and I hadn't heard from her because I'd changed my number. I couldn't take the excessive calling and texting from different numbers day in and day out. I thought I was free of the bullshit known as her. This town wasn't that small so how the hell had I managed to bump into her? I didn't want to think she was stalking me but at this point anything was possible with this woman.