8: My Man, My Man

2 months later...

Tuesday | 7:34 p.m.
November 6, 2012

OmniscientThe sun was setting as Akari laughed at Yasmine while they stood in line at the food truck waiting to order

Omniscient
The sun was setting as Akari laughed at Yasmine while they stood in line at the food truck waiting to order. She'd been talking about how he had weak ankles because he'd almost busted his ass a few times while they'd been here. She'd never seen someone trip over their own two feet the way he did. It put a smile on her face though and that was all he wanted to see.

"I'm not fucking with you Yas. You're supposed to be my girl and instead of asking me if I was alright you just laughed every time. That's wild to me."

"You're alive, aren't you? Don't be so dramatic baby." She said interlocking their arms as she held on to him and rested her head against his shoulder. Akari cracked a smile and kissed her forehead. Yasmine started rambling on about different things as they stood in line and Akari smiled as he looked around at all the people moving about the fair.

His smile however faded when he looked over at the line for the Ferris wheel when he thought he'd seen someone familiar. Staring for a few more seconds and squinting his eyes, he realized it was who he'd thought it was. When Shakur looked in his direction, Akari looked away.

He could remember meeting him almost a year ago at the car wash and Shakur mentioning that he was in town and searching for someone who could do some artwork for him

He could remember meeting him almost a year ago at the car wash and Shakur mentioning that he was in town and searching for someone who could do some artwork for him. When Akari told him that he was an artist the two exchanged contacts and Akari was hired to do a job. From there Shakur had mentioned knowing some people and he invited Akari to an art show. Akari thought that he'd finally get his big break and had made a friend with connections. He didn't have too many guy friends and especially not ones who had connections to something he was passionate about. He didn't see himself working as a car washer for the rest of his life.

Shakur had never given him funny vibes until that night when he made Akari feel a bit uncomfortable. It was then that he realized that Shakur must've been gay or bisexual and was interested in him beyond being friends. After that night he'd never spoken to him again and hadn't seen him since. He felt a tad bit bad now though because gay or not, this guy had been his first customer and also didn't have to do what he did for him.