19: All Is Fair...

Omniscient
"Look..." Gwendolyn said with an attitude as she stood in the corner of the restaurant with Tre. Seven stood only a few feet away, keeping her eye on the two in case she needed to step in. Once Tre had sat down, Gwendolyn had then called for the check so they could leave. Against their wishes, he'd paid and left a big tip. As Gwendolyn and Seven were about to head out of the restaurant, he followed them. "You've embarrassed me enough so if telling you I forgive you will make you go away then I forgive you Trevon. Again I forgive you for breaking up with me after my mom died. I forgive you for moving on shortly after. I forgive you for attacking me almost a year ago. I forgive you for trying to tarnish Candace's name as if she really tried to get at you."

"I forgive you but I'll never forget anything. I've grown these last few months and one thing my grandmother taught me was to forgive but never forget. Forgiving doesn't mean I have to be anything with you or deal with you. You caught me in a weak moment a few months back so I did give you another chance after forgiving you. Now my eyes are wide the fuck open."

"Mm." Tre nodded and squinted.

That only irritated Gwendolyn more because it was as if he wasn't taking her seriously

That only irritated Gwendolyn more because it was as if he wasn't taking her seriously. Holding grudges would only do more harm to her so she'd decided to get all this off her chest and wash her hands with him. If she didn't talk to him, he was just going to keep bugging her and start back sending flowers and gifts again to her grandmother's house since he didn't know she'd moved out.

She'd learned to express herself more instead of keeping things bottled in and letting her mind wander. That was why she'd have a talk with Akari when he was done handling what needed to be handled tonight. She didn't want to let her mind wander too long and jump to even more conclusions about how he felt about her. It was obvious they needed to talk. Gwendolyn had ruined what could've been between them the last time she'd blown up and she refused to mess up this time.

"What you hiding from?" Tre asked.

"Excuse me?" She scoffed.

"Nah I'm for real like..." Tre licked his lips. "I get that you're upset with me. Hell, you might even hate me but I can tell that there's some shit that runs deeper than me fumbling you in high school and even putting my hands on you."