Ch. 10 Filler

Omniscient Akari found himself standing next to Yasmine staring straight ahead as Gwendolyn stood a few feet away from them down the sidewalk

Omniscient
Akari found himself standing next to Yasmine staring straight ahead as Gwendolyn stood a few feet away from them down the sidewalk. She stared straight ahead as well with her arms folded and a frown on her face. Upon seeing Celeste and remembering how she'd acted at the diner with her friends, Gwendolyn wanted blood. However, Celeste realized who Gwendolyn was a little quicker and immediately raced to her car and locked herself inside before pulling off. She'd already gotten her ass beat by Yasmine. There was no way she'd be able to tolerate another ass-whooping.

Gwendolyn felt like everyone was out to get her and that people were judging her so she walked down the block and told Tre where to meet her. Akari wouldn't say it but the look in his eyes when he watched her walk down the street told Yasmine that he was concerned for her safety. As a young woman who'd been tricked and forced to prostitute Yasmine was genuinely concerned for Gwendolyn too. Therefore she told Akari that she wanted to go wait with Gwendolyn whether she liked/appreciated it or not. Akari was thrilled on the inside about Yasmine suggesting it but now he was standing here acting as if he was unbothered.

As angry and embarrassed as Gwendolyn was, she felt safe with them here and she was happy they'd shown up. Tonight had certainly gone left and she was burning bridges with the folks who loved and cared about her most. Hiding her insecurities and "faking it until she made it" could only last for so long. The problem with attempting to suppress genuine emotions required so much conscious effort that it was rarely successful.

She'd tried apologizing to her grandmother for how she'd talked to her but Miss Gwen wasn't ready to forgive her yet. She'd attacked her best friend for just being honest with her and she was sure their friendship was over. She couldn't see Candace forgiving her or continuing to be her friend after they'd had to physically harm each other. Akari even gave off the vibe that he hated her. The only person who didn't hate her was Tre and she felt even worse for turning down the date with him tonight. If she'd never shown up to this party she wouldn't have run into Akari or fought her best friend.

Yasmine's phone started to ring and she pulled it out of her pocket noticing that her mother was calling.

"It's my mom. I have to take thi—"

"You don't have to tell me that baby. Take your call." He told her. He noticed that any time he was around her and her phone would ring or she'd get a text she always felt the need to tell him who it was.

Yasmine was now 25 years old and she'd been selling her body since she was 18. She finally had her freedom and no longer had to prostitute but old habits were hard to break. When she'd been under her pimp's thumb whenever her phone rang or she received any type of notification before she could check it he was checking it as if he paid the bill. He allowed her to buy her way out because she'd gotten "too old". His age range was 17-21 but he held on to Yasmine even when she'd gotten past that age and forced her to teach the newbies all there was to know.