24: But I Want You...

I know I said there'd be a time skip but chile that'll have to be in the next chapter. I couldn't skip this. 😌

• •

The next day...

9:22 a.m.

m

Omniscient "Break time is over

Omniscient
"Break time is over. Let's go." Akari told Gwendolyn as she sat on the log eyeing him.

"How much longer Kari?" She whined. If she would've known he'd have her trudging through the woods she would've put on some hiking boots. He'd told her that they weren't going far so she'd put on some flip-flops but this walk had proved to be uncomfortable. She was starting to feel like Akari was trying to punish her for buying into what Celeste had said last night. He'd gotten up at the crack of dawn today and had woke everyone up and sent them off. They could barely get a foot out the door before he'd closed it on them.

"We don't have that far to go. Get up." He eyed her, folding his arms. The frown on his face told her he wasn't fucking around.

"Babe I can't go any longer. My feet are on fire. I'll just sleep out here with the animals. You can go on. Tomorrow just come back and collect my remains so my grandmother can give me a proper burial."

"Man..." Akari just stared at her. No matter how badly he wanted to laugh, he wouldn't joke around with her until they'd sorted things out. "Get the fuck up and stop bullshitting." He told her.

"Kariiiii..." She whined, tossing her head back.

"I'm not fucking around." He furrowed his brows. When she continued to sit there he sucked his teeth and bent down wrapping his arm around her back. With the other, he placed it underneath her knees and she wrapped her arm around his shoulder. As he picked her up bridal style she stared into his eyes. She attempted to kiss him but he turned his head.

"Being dramatic doesn't get rewarded." He told her as he continued on through the woods with her in his arms. He carried her the rest of the way until they made it to where he wanted to take her. When Gwendolyn noticed they were at the end of a cliff she immediately got down thinking that he'd throw her over.