16: Daddy

The next day...

Wednesday | 3:06 p.m.
July 24, 2013

[𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝙿𝚘𝚗𝚍]

[𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝙿𝚘𝚗𝚍]

Omniscient
"Mm Mm Mm." Celeste bit her bottom lip, eyeing Akari as she pushed Akira's stroller down the trail toward Akari who was standing near the duck pond. Akari immediately grew irritated. It was obvious that Celeste was more than thrilled to finally be in his presence without there being a restraining order anymore. "You look good." She complimented him.

"Thanks," Akari said as his eyes landed on the beautiful little girl who stared up at him. If Celeste thought by complimenting him he'd compliment her back then she was wrong. He wasn't here for her or to flirt. What they'd had was in the past and his focus was to only be a parent to his daughter. He had some making up to do. He'd gotten off work early today so he'd be able to spend time with her at the Duck Pond park. There was a playground for the children and a pond nearby where you could feed the ducks when they came out of the water.

"She had some trouble getting to bed last night so she's a little cranky. It was as if she knew she'd be coming to meet her daddy today." Celeste said proudly as she took Akira out of the stroller and placed her on her hip. Akira hadn't taken her eyes off Akari since they'd arrived. She seemed curious and he was just as curious about her. He didn't know the first thing about raising a child nor had he been around any to know how to really handle them. So many negative thoughts ran through his head and his heart started to race. He thought about what his therapist had said if he ever felt overwhelmed. He closed his eyes and breathed in then breathed out.

Celeste arched a brow. She was confused but she didn't say anything. When Akari had calmed himself, he opened his eyes. He felt a bit awkward being around Celeste and didn't know how to be around her without it being that way but he'd have to make it work somehow. He didn't have to be around her to parent Akira because he could take her with him. However, since it was his first time meeting her and he'd need to know all there was to know about her before being alone with her, he needed to be around/communicate with Celeste.